Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It sucks not having gifts for Christmas.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
I know, I know. Its not about the gifts, but its just not the same when there isn't a single gift under the tree.
Yes, I'm thankful that we have each other and food to eat today, but I just wish we could go all out and do Christmas the way we use to. Its been 5 years since we've had a good christmas, and all I can do is think about how it isn't even fun anymore. Its not fun seeing everyone else post about what they bought for people, and what they've received when you and your family are no longer able to do those things.
I don't know, maybe I'm just a jealous, bitter person..
All this being said,
I am happy for those that do get to go all out buying stuff for their loved ones. I just wish my family could have that again.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, Xmas, whatever you wish to call it..

Sorry for being a Debbie downer this morning. I just needed to vent a little.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Hugs.... a vent is welcomed.
I truly hope your day sees some light.
I'm up enjoying quiet prior to chaos. :)
Cass1986
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:37 AM
I'm sorry :( even without money you can have gifts if you really wanted. You could make things, or make a coupon book, or something. Gifts from the heart mean more than gifts from a store any day. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:37 AM
3 moms liked this
In 5 years you haven't been able to improve your situation? You could have earned a bachelors degree!
I can see one bad Christmas but I assume you could plan ahead for the next time.
dancer
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I know what u mean. We have not had a real Christmas since the lumber company my husband worked for for 23 years closed!!!!  It is hard and I wish I could put lots of presents under the tree like I used to.  Now,we do not even have one under the tree.  It will be 5 years in March that our lives changed for the worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:40 AM
sorry you are in that situation. things have not been great here either.

what brings you to this situation? 5 years is a long time of sucking christmans'. I hope things turn up this next year for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Thank you.
Its rained here the past few days, so maybe the sun will shine today and brighten me up some.

Quoting TheRingmaster: Hugs.... a vent is welcomed.
I truly hope your day sees some light.
I'm up enjoying quiet prior to chaos. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:44 AM
11 moms liked this
Yes someone who can't afford even cheap gifts can totally pay for college. Smh

Quoting Spam72: In 5 years you haven't been able to improve your situation? You could have earned a bachelors degree!
I can see one bad Christmas but I assume you could plan ahead for the next time.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes they can. People who can't afford it go for free, they even give you a stipend for food and housing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes someone who can't afford even cheap gifts can totally pay for college. Smh

Quoting Spam72: In 5 years you haven't been able to improve your situation? You could have earned a bachelors degree!
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM
:( I've been there

It took time and hard work and for me a lot of prayer. But I overcame it all

I hope you can move fwd
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Its okay.
I've done things like that in the past, but I'm just completely at a loss this year.. we colored some Christmas pictures with ds last night and had hot chocolate while watching movies. Its just that He's at an age where he gets excited about Santa and I don't even know how to begin explaining why Santa didn't stop by our house... I feel terrible that he has to go back to school next month and answer the "what did you get for Christmas" question.

Quoting Cass1986: I'm sorry :( even without money you can have gifts if you really wanted. You could make things, or make a coupon book, or something. Gifts from the heart mean more than gifts from a store any day. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)