Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this bother you? (my b**** post for the day! )

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Dh had 3 kids from a previous marriage, I had 2. We have 2 together. We have full custody of all. His egg donor to his 3 hasn't seen the kids in over a year now. Hasn't talked to them, told them happy birthday, doesn't know anything about them. And she only lives 15 minutes away. She "volunteered" at a food pantry so she could eat because her and get boyfriend are druggies and he was in jail and she is awaiting trial. While she was there she put the kids on their angel tree. She dropped the gifts off with MIL and didn't even ask to see the kids or anything. The gifts were really nice and whoever picked the kids did a good job. She put tags on all of the gifts saying they were from her. But our kids aren't needy. They got a ridiculous amount of gifts from their grandparents, they've gotten $100 each so far from other family members, and they have gifts from us and my parents still to open. I think it's pretty shitty that she can't bother to be in their lives at all but then tries to act like she did some great thing by giving them these gifts that other people bought (and not even making an effort to see them). But what really bothers me is there are kids out there that really do need things. That may have not gotten chosen off the angel tree and may have nothing this year because she did this. It really bothers me to think about. So that's my Christmas confession!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Wow That's pretty sad. How did you find out she had put their names on an Angel Tree? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM
She told MIL!! for some unknown reason she still calls her and talks to her all the time and anytime she is in trouble or needs money mil bails her out. So it came up in conversation and she didn't think mil would tell us which is ridiculous because everyone knows she tells everyone everything!

Quoting sheena696:

Wow That's pretty sad. How did you find out she had put their names on an Angel Tree? 

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM
How sad. Maybe you can have the kids donate some stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I think you're a bit worried that she may come back into the kids lives and take over as being their mom. You won't be in the role anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I'm not worried about that all. In a few weeks she'll start doing her time in jail and we already have paperwork in the works with our lawyer to file parental abandonment and dissolve her rights. The kids call her by her first name on the rare occasion they mention her at all. The youngest doesn't know who she is and asked if he could labs the stuff from her at his grandma's.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I think you're a bit worried that she may come back into the kids lives and take over as being their mom. You won't be in the role anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

then I guess it would be better for you not to get all worked up over a few Christmas presents then huh?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not worried about that all. In a few weeks she'll start doing her time in jail and we already have paperwork in the works with our lawyer to file parental abandonment and dissolve her rights. The kids call her by her first name on the rare occasion they mention her at all. The youngest doesn't know who she is and asked if he could labs the stuff from her at his grandma's.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but what stands out most in this is that you are with a man who was with a woman long enough to have 3 kids with her and now she is referred to as the "egg donor".  Apparently she was more than that for the time it took to have 3 kids with her and you are now with the man who stayed around and kept producing more through all that.  Quite a catch you have there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM
It isn't the fact she got them. If she bought them I wouldn't care at all. It's that actual needy children are going without because of her.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

then I guess it would be better for you not to get all worked up over a few Christmas presents then huh?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not worried about that all. In a few weeks she'll start doing her time in jail and we already have paperwork in the works with our lawyer to file parental abandonment and dissolve her rights. The kids call her by her first name on the rare occasion they mention her at all. The youngest doesn't know who she is and asked if he could labs the stuff from her at his grandma's.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM

The needy children have what they need. Nobody actually lets them go without .

Quoting Anonymous 1: It isn't the fact she got them. If she bought them I wouldn't care at all. It's that actual needy children are going without because of her.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:28 AM
That wouldn't bother me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)