Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe certain things are a man's job / woman's job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I hate this concept. For instance, my inlaws are visiting. My fil pretty much sat on the couch the entire time with the remote control in his hand while his wife cooked ALL DAY. Then he tells my sil to join the women in the kitchen because she wanted to sit down and watch tv.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Nope.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
No way. My dh will cook and clean, and I have built things. We are two intelligent people capable of doing anything.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM
DH does trash if he's home. That's my only "man" job he has. Lol
I hate taking out trash. Other than that we all live here if ya see something dirty, pick it up, if you're hungry and I'm not cooking anything at the moment, find something.
I do keep the house clean and meals on the table but that's because I'm a SAHM. He still does stuff around here though.
WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Uh.. In this scenario it seems like the men have NO job, lol.

I don't think it has to be this way or that way. I do think men and women are more inclined to do well at different things, generally.

A man can just as easily cook and clean as a woman can clean the gutters and hang lights, but you don't see these roles reversed as often.
LyndaLoo78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Sure, anything I do (which is everything) is a woman job, anything I ask a dude to do (which is rare) is a man job. Lol
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I tend to do the tradition girl jobs in the house.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM
No but I do all the cookies my because I hate anyone in my kitchen. I wash all the laundry and my husband folds everything. I do most of the cleaning because I'm a sahm. No way do I think my husband shouldn't do the same thing I do. He comes home and helps me at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Having babies is definitely a woman's job.
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I do to a point. There is never a time in this house, though, that I'm slaving away anywhere and dh isn't in another area slaving away himself
tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM

No. In our house traditional gender roles are pretty much reversed. Boys cook and clean, girls are goddesses who get pampered. The way it should be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)