Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Next year will be the last year i celebrate christmas my 41/2 yo daughter is ungrateful my son is only 6 mos so he won't know the difference between this year and next year and the rest of my family can kiss my arse.

I'm tired of dd complaining because she didn't get toys i'm tired of her screaming because of something tiny her 6mo brother did.

My ex(their dad) has never bought them a gift so why should i? Granted they live with me but i didn't get dd any toys this year because she has two huge bins full that she DOES NOT play with majority of them she got one toy and that was a kitchen set i bought her this year.

I buy her anything she wants and don't get myself anything and do the same for ds that i do for her. I quit i'm done call me a grinch idc i've had enough.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Right there with you. Christmas is nothing but stress and annoyances for me.

Now be prepared to be categorized with Hannibal over the decision to no longer celebrate Christmas as surely this will cause lifelong emotional damage to your children. Lol
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM
3 moms liked this

OMG lady...she is a 4 and a half year old child. Calm the heck down already!

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM
My kids get one gift. And they appreciate it. They've never asked, "Is that it?" or been ungrateful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
It's your fault that your 4 year old is a brat.
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this

kids should be grateful, but she's still little. you have to teach her to be grateful. maybe start by having her pick out some of her old toys to donate to kids who don't have any. that worked with ours. now they are constantly going through their stuff to give it away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I feel you. Clearly I have went wrong somewhere.My kids have turned into full blown ingrates at Christmas time.

dee06
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Maybe you should dontate or sell what she doesn't play with and get her toys you will know she will play with. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. Im so glad these women are over the internet. Because i smack the hell out of them irl. Everyone doesnt celebrate Christmas. I know people that dont for religion reasons. Like their jewish or muslim. And others for personal. I celebrate but my ds gets 1 gift. He gets toys all year. And like op dd. He barely plays with the ones he has.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Right there with you. Christmas is nothing but stress and annoyances for me.

Now be prepared to be categorized with Hannibal over the decision to no longer celebrate Christmas as surely this will cause lifelong emotional damage to your children. Lol
Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Stop buying her stuff all year so she is more appreciative when she does gwt something. She is too young to understand gratitude. That comes with maturity, which it seems YOU need a dose of!

This isnt REALLY about DD but abput you crying "poor me I do everything for this kid..." Blah-blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
4 moms liked this

You realize at 4 she's as ungrateful as you've raised her to be, right? Perhaps instead of ruining Christmas you could spend the next 364 days teaching her gratitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)