Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bah Humbug

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I can never get myself happy around the holidays. I see people I know posting on Facebook or coworkers talking about getting together with friends and their "besties" and all that crap.  I don't have any close friends. No one that I talk to regularly. No one that really knows me besides my husband and some days I don't think he truly understands me.   

I want to just tell people to shut up about being so happy. I try to be happy that I have a healthy family- my kids are great and my parents still work full-time and are in great health. I have a great job and all that. I just feel like Ugh there's nothing to look forward to anymore.  I've accomplished my goal of where I work in my company in upper management. I have plenty of time with my kids and we do all sorts of fun activities. I just hate that I have no friends to share anything with.  

I've had best friends in the past but life makes us drift apart and maybe we talk once a year for 15 mins or something.... but no one to vent to, no one to tell fun stories to , no one to be excited to visit.    I've never made friends easily. I've always been more into WWE and tomboyish things than shopping and mani pedis.  

I just wish I could find a way to be happy. I see my family and they tell of all the great things in their life and mine is work and my kids. Oh well... just needed somewhere to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM
On most any random day of the year, I'm a completely content person. We have everything we need and have almost everything we could think of that we want unless you get into crazy items like a Bentley and a chateau in France.

But come Christmas, I literally feel nauseous about the whole thing. So much stress trying to figure out what to buy everyone we've ever shook hands with and dealing with holiday dinners where everyone has this they won't eat, that dish they're allergic to, another they can't have because they're on a diet... Ugh. This fucking crap can't end fast enough for me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)