Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dunno maybe I did wrong. update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My teen daughter isn't here. She won't be until 1 st. And then for only 24 hour.

So she called me to wish us merry Christmas. And she asked what her brother got. And I started naming off mainly toys but he also got a 3ds and a tablet too.

She didn't get anything like that. She was supposed to get a ipod generation 6 and a 3ds but she started messing up. Stealing cell phones going on inappropriate tsite that she knew she wasn't allowed to be on and that we didn't approve of. So in the first of November she stole bil cell phone and downloaded something she wasn't supposed to have ( she lost the privileges of having a cell phone this summer because of sexting) so when it happened this last time after many many other occasions of the same issue I told her since she keep stealing and abusing her privilege of internet she won't be getting anything with internet. Which includes the 3di and ipod. I took those gifts back and got her other stuff she would like. She got $100 boots for one a $100 chi straighten iron ect... plus other stuff like clothes and bedding and makeup.

Well she is in residential now because there are other things that has happened since then. Mental illness has became known to us recently.

Anyways, I was telling her what he got. She started crying . I didn't mean to make her cry. She said I am not crying it is allergies. She doesn't have allergies. She said she misses us and wishes we could be there. I told her she'll be home next Thursday for 24 hours and she will get to open her gifts and I love and miss her too.

Now I feel bad because my son did get a tablet and a 3ds but she didn't. But I couldn't go against what she has done and change it.

She'll be out of residential mid-january. I told dh I will tell her if we see a huge improvement next year. No stealing and going on inappropriate sites maybe next year she can get a tablet or the ipod generation 6 and a 3ds too.

I don't think she'll be disappointed or anything next week because she did get stuff she asked for. Just nothing electronic with internet access.

I dunno I am just sad and I didn't like hearing her cry. I made my heart hurt. I just miss her today..

Update

I talk to her again she is in a better mood. They were watching tmnt and eating candy. I am glad her day wasn't all bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM
So you decided not to go see her today? That sucks! Seriously!

I inderstand not getting electronics. Makes sense. However, you should have gone to visit ajd taken her something!
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Maybe what she really wanted was to see her family for Christmas.. =/

TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I wouldn't necessarily assume her tears were the result of no electronic gifts. Perhaps she really does miss being with family as she stated? 

I'm a big believer in the Socratic method. 

Hope all enjoy today, and her upcoming visit! 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Sounds like it she's just emotional bc it's a rough time. Just make sure your time spent with her is time well spent and be supportive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Maybe she couldn't?  Sounds like little miss is in serious trouble to have gotten into residential care.  Sometimes even on holidays you don't just get to drop in and visit. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: So you decided not to go see her today? That sucks! Seriously! I inderstand not getting electronics. Makes sense. However, you should have gone to visit ajd taken her something!

raych415
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I was in an rtc for Christmas and it sucked. And that was with my family visiting me from a few states away. I loved spending time with them but it was just really sad to not be home for Christmas.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Hugs! I'm sure she just misses everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I plan on making next Thursday a goos day. She hasn't been there long enough to get a home pass for today but I was able to get her one for next week. I told her I will make her meal of choice.

Her stocking has dark Brown hair dye something she really REALLY wanted to do. So that something me and her can do together when she comes home. We are working on improving our relationship because our bond isn't there anymore.

Quoting spooky415: Sounds like it she's just emotional bc it's a rough time. Just make sure your time spent with her is time well spent and be supportive.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's probably a combination of missing you guys, feeling sorry for herself, and just general it sucks to be there at Christmas. She's on the road to recovery and that is what's important. Let the process run its course and she will be much better in the end. Hugs Mama...hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I know. I do know they had stocking this morning and they'll have gifts this afternoon and a huge Christmas breakfast and a huge Christmas dinner. I know it can't replace being home today. But in the end the bigger picture is her getting better. Next year will be better.

Quoting raych415: I was in an rtc for Christmas and it sucked. And that was with my family visiting me from a few states away. I loved spending time with them but it was just really sad to not be home for Christmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)