Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on the present my DH got me that I didn't like

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is a tad easier for me rather than editing the other one.

He came into the bedroom and told me that if j didn't like the pendent I could return it and I wouldn't hurt his feelings. I told him that I loved that he knew I loved hearts and my birthstone (sapphire) but that it was a lot bigger than I usually wear and that I thought it would catch on clothing. He told me we could take it back and said that he was going to go to the store I like but he has accidentally mentioned it and didn't want me to know where he got the gift before Christmas. I again told him I appreciated it and then suggested we return the pendent and if they give us money back we go to the store I like and I'll pick out a few pendents I like and the let him pick the one he wants to get me. That way I'll be wearing something he picked out that I know I love.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Bump

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bump
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Next year just give him a list of specific things that you want from the specific stores that you like. That way you can appreciate the heartfelt thought that goes into the gift.

momofthem311
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this
NEVER say you don't like something from your husband! I learned that the hard way about 5 years ago and I still feel bad for it. It was the most awful feeling in the world to hurt my husband like that. I will never stop feeling bad for it. He hasn't bought me a piece if jewelry since then and I can't say I blame him.
It was an asshole-ish thing to do.
Mine was a necklace too, for Mother's Day. It was so ugly but I should have just worn it a few times and then forgotten about it. Would have been so much better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Didn't read the original but you sound ungrateful to me!  Of course it hurts his feelings l that you don't like his present,  how sad!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I agree! You should have just just thank you honey and worn it a few times

Quoting momofthem311: NEVER say you don't like something from your husband! I learned that the hard way about 5 years ago and I still feel bad for it. It was the most awful feeling in the world to hurt my husband like that. I will never stop feeling bad for it. He hasn't bought me a piece if jewelry since then and I can't say I blame him.
It was an asshole-ish thing to do.
Mine was a necklace too, for Mother's Day. It was so ugly but I should have just worn it a few times and then forgotten about it. Would have been so much better.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I would never tell my hubby I didn't like his gift. Wear it on special occasions and leave it in a safe place other wise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought it was pink. Sapphires are blue.
firespurity
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Wow. I've never told someone I didn't like their gift. It's the thought.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous 5: I thought it was pink. Sapphires are blue.

I caught that too but thought maybe I had read it wrong in the other post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)