Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Anyone Alone Today?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Is there anyone else out there like me, alone, no gifts, no celebrations, no dinner plans? Just reading all these posts .... I hope you all know how very blessed and fortunate you are.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Yep. Me.

My dinner plan is contigent upon the population of my city not having a heart attack or a mental health crisis. If everyone cooperates, then I might be able to have dinner with my husband at the hospital. If they don't, I won't see him until tomorrow morning.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Where are your kids? We have no gifts. No special dinner plans. We don't celebrate so it's like this every year. Just make the most of what you do have. 

KsAangel25
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I'm sorry that you are alone on Christmas. I do know how lucky my family and I are. ((Hugs))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Well, for people who dont celebrate, its just another day, I get that. But for those who used to and would celebrate, it's different.

My 2 sons are adults and are in prison. My husband of 18 years left me this past year. So I went from having a family and celebration to just being so alone and very very sad.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Where are your kids? We have no gifts. No special dinner plans. We don't celebrate so it's like this every year. Just make the most of what you do have. 

Texasladybug84
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Right here..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Thank you, very sweet.

Quoting KsAangel25: I'm sorry that you are alone on Christmas. I do know how lucky my family and I are. ((Hugs))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Me ..I just bade the post about being and feeling cherished of friends and family :) I'll probably just make a pot pie in the oven
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Is this your first christmas alone?

Quoting Texasladybug84: Right here..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM

It's just me and my two boys. They got gifts and I am making a dinner now. So I guess I am not really alone,but it would be nice if I had extended family and friends around as well.

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Yup.   Me too. 

My husband pulled some of his typical cra* so so I cancelled Christmas.  

I do have my critters with me, though, and they are being very Christmassy.   They love the extra attention.   Everyone's getting a spa day and extra treats.   Including me.

But not my husband.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)