Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HOLD ONTO HOPE!!!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Hold on tight to your family, remember this time of year is about love, hope and joy. Don't stress over it just relax and enjoy it as much as you can!

My Busi (Polish for grandma and her first selfie lol) is 90yrs old and I think she looks great despite all the blows she's had. She is an inspiration to me and I hope for my mama too who was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer just days ago.

So hold onto to your family, cherish them and love them bc you never know when your family will get blindsided.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM

She is beautiful!!

Merry Christmas!

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, Alzheimer's is no fun but she was having a great day :)

I never thought I looked like her but a friend of mine said we did and now I have sat for a bit and looked for similarities lol. My grandparents practically raised me, miss my grandpa so much!

This pic makes me smile, I haven't seen her smile like that in so long :(

I am determined to have a good holiday, all about finding the joy in the little things.

I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas too!!!

Quoting Missdameanor:

She is beautiful!!

Merry Christmas!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Awww... her first selfie cracks me up, how sweet!
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I see so many similarities. You definately look like her!. Thanks for the happy holiday wishes, My Christmas has been full of love and happiness. I honestly could not ask for more! I feel like I am bragging, but it has been awesome. Life is good! =)

Quoting CABZS: Thank you, Alzheimer's is no fun but she was having a great day :) I never thought I looked like her but a friend of mine said we did and now I have sat for a bit and looked for similarities lol. My grandparents practically raised me, miss my grandpa so much! This pic makes me smile, I haven't seen her smile like that in so long :( I am determined to have a good holiday, all about finding the joy in the little things. I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas too!!!
Quoting Missdameanor:

She is beautiful!!

Merry Christmas!

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM
She got a kick out of it, lol :)

Quoting Danesmommy1: Awww... her first selfie cracks me up, how sweet!
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Wonderful picture! You and your Busi are beautiful!!

LyTe684
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Beautiful! Merry Christmas!
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Awe thank you :)

I am cherishing whatever time I get bc I leave in a few days to head back home. Visits are never long enough especially this year.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Wonderful picture! You and your Busi are beautiful!!

Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Great Photo!  Your grandma looks good.  I know what you mean about cherishing your family.  Two years ago I lost my mom and dad within 9 months of each other.  We were blindsided my mom suffered from a few strokes, then my dad went into the hospital for a rountine colonoscopy and never came back home.  My dad passed and then my mom.  A few years before them my grandma passed and she was 95 years old.  We are so blessed that we had them in our lives and although they are not with us physically they are with us always in our hearts. Of course the Holidays can be hard but remembering and just cherishing all the wonderful times together keeps us at peace.  Take lots of photos and hug your family....you are so right you just never know what tomorrow may bring.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)