Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are not a religious family but...

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 7.5 yr old son is very religious on his own. This morning we had to pray before opening gifts, thanking Jesus for coming and saving us. We thought it was so sweet and all of us adults had tears of joy. 

PS. All of my children go to church on their own, we adults do not attend. I allow my children to search and find where they belong. Actually my oldest girl has been looking into Judaism over Christianity, but we have no synagauges less than 2 hrs from us.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwyn724
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM

That's wonderful.

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I was religious as a child. My mom was an atheist. She allowed me to attend church alone. I ended up converting to become LDS :)

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Very sweet :)

My oldest has always been very Christian.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:26 PM

We had a falling out with the last church we went to. They told me to "beat the devil" out of my very mentally ill son. We just never went back to any after that. The church my children go to though is a wonderful church, my mentally ill son used to attend youth group and church with a few friends there when he was home. They are a very accepting church. I was raised in a Christian/Jewish home and given the same chance to search for our own faith.

Quoting faire_jour:

I was religious as a child. My mom was an atheist. She allowed me to attend church alone. I ended up converting to become LDS :)

ashleighmama
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM

We are not religious either, but I think that's awesome!!!

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

There is just something about faith truly felt by a child, its very uplifting. He told us all about the meaning of Christmas last night. This child just has an amazing heart.

Quoting ashleighmama:

We are not religious either, but I think that's awesome!!!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM
That's really sweet. My 6yo isn't quite so devoted, lol. He was bored as all get out in church last night. He kept whispering "how much longer?"

Merry Christmas!
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I'm an atheist but my kids are very involved with church. 

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM

He is very devoted, he just used to go to Wednesday youth group but begged to go to kids church on Sundays. Him and his twin sister now go every Sunday from 8:30am until 12:30pm to both church and bible classes.

Quoting Danesmommy1: That's really sweet. My 6yo isn't quite so devoted, lol. He was bored as all get out in church last night. He kept whispering "how much longer?" Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello! Another LDS member! So awesome! We are so few here on CM! According to the majority of ppl on here, we aren't "really" Christians! ROFL! Yeah! OK! I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me I'm not a Christian! I'd be so rich! My family and I got to Skype with our two oldest boys! They are serving full-time missions! One is in New Jersey and the other son is in Scotland/Ireland! I'm so proud of them! Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family! Take care!

Quoting faire_jour:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)