Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
When I have a family function, dh never wants to go. It make me sad that he won't even come to at least one. I don't understand why he won't. I understand on my mom's side because they're so judgmental but my dad's side isn't. It's hurts but it is what it is, I go to his family functions all the time. I know it's nothing to others but it something to me. His excuse is he can't leave his mom for 3-4 hours because of her health. He's an idiot because I take care of her when I'm home. She isn't that bad just yet, she has health issues but not major ones. I think he just doesn't want to be involved and I can't force him. Although, he knows how I feel about this subject. We didn't get anything for Xmas dinner so this will be the Xmas dinner. I will feel kind of bad eating and he won't be able to eat but he made that choice.

His cousin lives with us and maybe he didn't want to leave her out. She isn't family and my aunt asked not to bring extra except for my dh and kids. Maybe that's why he didn't want to go but she isn't my concern, I don't care about her. She said when we do family outings she would like to be involved. I told her, "I'm sorry but your not family. Family is dh, myself and the kids not cousins." I have respect for her but damn dh and I can't even go out with the kids without her. We got her 2 gifts so she isn't left out and she said she hates them. Really? You couldn't just be fucking grateful of what you fucking got because we could of left your ass out!!! I hope dh makes her leave soon so we can have our house back to normal.

Merry Christmas!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
honeyrder
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Are they like, uh, kissing cousins?

!
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM

how old is his cousin?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Maybe her feelings were hurt you didn't invite her so she got nasty about her gifts in retaliation for that?

None of this feels very Christmas-y
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Why cant the cousin watch the mother while you all go out?  

bahamamama61
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM
((Hugs)) Merry Christmas ;)
Amybelle
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM

well aren't all just one big dysfuntional grinchy mess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I couldn't invite her period. It was my aunts house so I have to go by her rules.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Maybe her feelings were hurt you didn't invite her so she got nasty about her gifts in retaliation for that?

None of this feels very Christmas-y
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)