Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking away Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So my dss has been incredibly ungrateful and selfish. On Xmas eve we opened up gifts and he was mad with what he got (mostly clothes) we also got the toys he wanted but was mad there wasn't more also got mad when he was reminded that his new puppy was part of his gifts. So yesterday wwas full of complaining and just miserable. Well this morning he woke up and saw that santa got him the bike he wanted and was doing everything possible to get in trouble the last straw was when he smacked his dog and thought it was funny. I'm ready to take everything away and cancel the rest of Christmas but my dh is feeling guilty. Has anyone taken back Christmas before?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Not today tomorrow don't let him ride the new bike.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I haven't, but I would have sent my kids to their room without any toys for that kind of behavior, especially smacking the dog.

karlie2
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I don't use Christmas to discipline my kids.
bellaamore
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I've taken specific items back, even going as far as selling them online later on... but I've never done it so soon.

With that kind of attitude, though, I wouldn't hesitate to take them all, put them locked away somewhere and tell him he has to earn them back with his behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Yup, I've taken back Christmas before. Well more like stored it in my closet but I dunno what you'd do with the puppy. Maybe say the pup is now yours and not his? 

I haven't returned anything that was bought, just taken away the fun stuff for awhile until ds could appreciate his gifts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I just did it today, first time ever, but my youngest was horrible with his cousins last night, no such thing as Santa behavior, horrible.

so we held back on the toys and left the gifts with clothes, he literally took it the garbage. He is punished and I'm fine with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Ok so we will probably make him earn the gifts back but I don't think he should be aloud to go to Christmas dinner because his grandma will tell us that we are horrible and tell ss that he's getting his gifts and will just give him whatever he wants. She thinks he's bad behavior is ok and won't let dh discipline
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:17 PM

No but I discipline my kids without being an asshole and don't mix up things.  I also don't hold my kids back from holiday dinners because I don't let relatives overstep when I discipline.  The result is we have well mannered kids and relatives who know not to try to overrule us.

702girly
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

You have to do something because he's already becoming a miserable little shit.

After his little display on Xmas eve, he wouldn't have got a damn thing on Christmas day in my house. I'd make him do some volunteer work so he can see just how lucky he is. 

BrittSam2011
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM

What? Grandma "won't let" the boy's father discipline him? How exactly would she accomplish that?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok so we will probably make him earn the gifts back but I don't think he should be aloud to go to Christmas dinner because his grandma will tell us that we are horrible and tell ss that he's getting his gifts and will just give him whatever he wants. She thinks he's bad behavior is ok and won't let dh discipline

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)