Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being overly sensitive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I made stuffed mushrooms for Christmas appetizers.. It took me an hour and a half to stuff them. When SIL was cleaning up she dumped them all in a plastic baggy, when I tried to stop her, she said "Oh you can re-stuff them when we have them later." Do you think that was rude? Am I being overly sensitive?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfette1903
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Yes you are.
katydid150
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

She was rude. Those things are a lot of work. 

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No that was rude after all the time you took to stuff them in the first place.

andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM
She was wrong.
sarlove01
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM
It was insensitive and rude. I would just let her know it was alot of work. Then id let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Thanks, I feel petty, but I'm pissed posting on cafemom lol! I should be out there, I'll try to put my big girl panties on, but I'm so mad right now.

Quoting smurfette1903: Yes you are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Thank you, you guys are helping. I'll get over it, I think it was just the brush aside I got when I tried to stop her. I made an entire tray of them. I won't ever make those again, since it wasn't appreciated.

Quoting sarlove01: It was insensitive and rude. I would just let her know it was alot of work. Then id let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM
They were stuffed with sausage, then baked with cheese on top, that melts the top, so there is no way to re-stuff them.
bellawomen
by Summer on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I guess there is a huge lack of communication here.  While she was rude, she likely had no idea the work she was undoing.  After they were stuffed, they should have been placed somewhere so they were out of the way so additional food could be prepped.  Let this one go and let it be a lesson.  :)  Hope the rest of the day goes well.

sarlove01
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Man. Thats rough. She probably didnt know. I hope she at least apologizes!

Quoting Anonymous 1: They were stuffed with sausage, then baked with cheese on top, that melts the top, so there is no way to re-stuff them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)