Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 year old not happy with gifts from family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
Oh she was happy with what she got at home but when we went over to the extended family, she didn't really like any of her gifts. She got a cheap bath set, a green necklace and a backpack bag. She likes the bag ok but she really just wanted gift cards. My ds got giftcards from everyone. She didn't act ungrateful or say she she didn't like anything while there but she complained when we got into the car.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HarleyQN
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her about the time my aunt gave me a botte of handsoap. Used. Believe me, there are worse gifts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember being sixteen and wanting to pick out my own presents. At least she was polite and waited until you left to complain. Maybe she can return some of them for store credit.
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM

That sucks.  If you get one kid gift cards it is usually best to get both gift cards.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I got Jean Nate from my uncle for like 4 years in a row! That crap stinks really bad! I always thanked him and everything. As soon as we got home, the Jean Nate went right into the trash can!
chiefsfan91
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM
What!! Seriously?? Is your aunt like super dirt poor or just cheap? Yeah that's pretty bad!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell her about the time my aunt gave me a botte of handsoap. Used. Believe me, there are worse gifts.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like any other teenager

besides as adults we complain behind peoples backs

SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Eh, that kind of thing happens a lot with extended family. They don't really know what to get so they pretty much just get whatever. If she had a good Christmas altogether, then that's what matters.

Maruchan
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
No, she was just really thoughtless. Normally I don't care what people get me, I appreciate the gesture. That is the only I time I have ever received a gift that I couldn't bring myself to say thank you for. She got my brother and sister nice stuff. That was what stung the most.

Quoting Anonymous 4: What!! Seriously?? Is your aunt like super dirt poor or just cheap? Yeah that's pretty bad!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell her about the time my aunt gave me a botte of handsoap. Used. Believe me, there are worse gifts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)