Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I miss them...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
My kids. They're in foster care. I couldn't get to family and help before my church called CPS stating that my PPD/depression made me a threat to them. My house got wrecked during a bad week and CPS took them. I asked for help and lost my babies.

But I keep looking at the pictures of their tiny, perfect little faces, and all I want is to hug them, see them smile. And all I get is an hour with them on Monday. :-( I can't afford a lawyer, so I'll never get them back and it's killing me.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Your church called cps? Wtf. You don't need a lawyer just comply
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Yeah. Instead of helping or just leaving me alone for TWO FREAKING DAYS they called CPS. I was leaving two days after the kids were taken to go home to family. I need a lawyer, I have been complying and it's getting worse.

Quoting Anonymous: Your church called cps? Wtf. You don't need a lawyer just comply
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I'm sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM
You should have a case worker you need to talk to them and ask them what all needs to be done to get your kids back. Go to every meeting. Is there anyone in your family who your kids could be placed with until then if so ask for a placement hearing.

What was there reasoning for taking them?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. Instead of helping or just leaving me alone for TWO FREAKING DAYS they called CPS. I was leaving two days after the kids were taken to go home to family. I need a lawyer, I have been complying and it's getting worse.

Quoting Anonymous: Your church called cps? Wtf. You don't need a lawyer just comply
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM
How bad was the house that they took the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Her only response to anything is "You'll have to ask the judge"

She gets angry if I even call to ask how the kids are. Or ask about visitation.

They're claiming physical neglect.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should have a case worker you need to talk to them and ask them what all needs to be done to get your kids back. Go to every meeting. Is there anyone in your family who your kids could be placed with until then if so ask for a placement hearing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. Instead of helping or just leaving me alone for TWO FREAKING DAYS they called CPS. I was leaving two days after the kids were taken to go home to family. I need a lawyer, I have been complying and it's getting worse.

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Talk to her supervisor

Quoting Anonymous 1: Her only response to anything is "You'll have to ask the judge"

She gets angry if I even call to ask how the kids are. Or ask about visitation.

They're claiming physical neglect.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should have a case worker you need to talk to them and ask them what all needs to be done to get your kids back. Go to every meeting. Is there anyone in your family who your kids could be placed with until then if so ask for a placement hearing.

Amybelle
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM

How many children & how old? How did the House get "wrecked"?  You said you were "leaving" ...who?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this
It has to be bad, really BAD, for CPS to intervene. Do as they say and earn your children back.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Have you tried taking parenting classes and getting stable to get them back?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)