Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH just doesn't get it.....

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM
  • 48 Replies

Once again, he got me absolutely NOTHING for Christmas.  Not even so much as a hug and a "Merry Christmas" - *nothing*.  This is the same man who had no problem thinking of things for the guys he supervises, his mother, our kids and son-in-law, his fellow management folks, his boss - but not for me, the person he claims to love so much.

And yet he can't figure out why I've been in such a funk all day.  Because the fact that you can come up with and buy things for all those other people but not your own wife is a glaring red sign that I really don't mean anything to you, that's why!

And before anyone says it, yes, I've talked to him about my feelings, many times over the past almost-26 years.  It always devolves into it being my own fault that he never gets me anything because I "control the accounts" (I do NOT; he has just as much access as I do to all of them) and would know what he got and where so it's "impossible to surprise me".  BS!  I manage to get things for him, it just takes a little creativity and planning.  I'm just not worth the effort, apparently.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Stop getting him stuff.
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Wow. I'm sorry, that is crappy.
zandhmom2
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I'm sorry! (((hugs)))

MsJoa
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
That's so lame. Sorry. :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Yea it's called pull the cash from the atm.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Quoting rosie211: Wow. I'm sorry, that is crappy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I almost went the whole day without having to listen to someone bitch about presents... Thanks a lot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Ugh. He's an ass!
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:08 PM

It's not about the presents.  I'd have been happy with a hug and a Merry Christmas.  It's about the fact that his actions make it obvious that he doesn't give two flips about me.  And that hurts.  And I'm hurting because I'm seriously thinking that maybe, after 26 years of this, I need to cut bait.  It's hard to think about throwing 26 years of your life away.  Especially on Christmas, when you're trying to hide your feelings and be happy for your visiting daughter, SIL, and grandchildren.  This is the only place I have to go to vent.  I'm sorry if it messed up your Christmas.  I can't even vent right.  FML.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I almost went the whole day without having to listen to someone bitch about presents... Thanks a lot

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

How much clearer can he make it that you don't matter to him, and how much longer are you going to put up with  being treated this way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)