Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in school...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I was just thinking how next semester it would be nice to take one night a week out of the house to go study elsewhere without the distractions of home. I think it'd really help me... Problem is we really don't have anywhere in our town to do that unless I'm leaving right around dinner time :(
How do you keep yourself from getting side tracked at home? I'm usually okay for the most part but after a certain point I think I get bored of same thing every day, mixed with knowing there's stuff I need to get done (or that shower that sounds like a great idea the second you decide to study, or the "wait... Did I just hear one of the kids crying? Better go check on them again to be sure!" Or dh asking me something or otherwise being distracting, or whatever else comes up lol)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I hide in my basement. I try to work while dd is at school before dh gets up in the morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Our bedrooms in the basement and I hear everything going on above me so I gave up on that lol. I get a little work done before kids get up but usually do better working on it after they're in bed but then dh is home :/

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hide in my basement. I try to work while dd is at school before dh gets up in the morning.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM

You could do what I used to do: head to a fast food place, order some fries and a drink, and then spend a couple hours there studying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Oh! I didn't even think of that! Lol. I'd probably skip the fries but a small soda once a week wouldn't hurt and would probably even help lol. And most here have WiFi :)

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

You could do what I used to do: head to a fast food place, order some fries and a drink, and then spend a couple hours there studying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)