Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF's family knows me so well! OMNOMNOMNOM

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

BF and I both recieved gift boxes full of food from various members of BF's family for Christmas. The boxes included...

Cheese

More cheese

Even MORE cheese

Dry salami

Various pancake mixes

Cinnamon maple syrup

Cured shredded tobacco leaves and rolling papers (I rarely smoke, and only smoke pure tobacco when I do. I hate the taste of commercial cigs)

And my favorite thing on God's green earth...salted pork!

Seriously, I feel like Mary and Pippin right now.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I may hurl..
bellaamore
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM
That all sounds awesome. I don't smoke at all, but I'm trying to find a place to buy some pure tobacco for the hubs
SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Suit yourself. You're not the one eating it. My great-grandpa used to make salted pork from scratch, and chewing on it while picking blackberries around his property is one of my few fond childhood memories.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I may hurl..

SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM

If you have a Native American reservation or a smoke shop nearby, go there.

Quoting bellaamore: That all sounds awesome. I don't smoke at all, but I'm trying to find a place to buy some pure tobacco for the hubs

bellaamore
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Quoting bellaamore: That all sounds awesome. I don't smoke at all, but I'm trying to find a place to buy some pure tobacco for the hubs

Nope. :/ my grandfather was raised on pine ridge, but here in small-town swampland Louisiana, there's no hope.of a reservation or smoke shop. Lol
SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Internet?

Quoting bellaamore:
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Nope. :/ my grandfather was raised on pine ridge, but here in small-town swampland Louisiana, there's no hope.of a reservation or smoke shop. Lol

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I know I should know this being a southern girl and all...but what exactly is salted pork? Is it pork cured with salt and then smoked, sort of like bacon?

bellaamore
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Internet?

Quoting bellaamore:
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Where would I go online?
SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Yup. My great-grandpa smoked his with hickory, but the stuff BF's family sent me is smoked with applewood, and OMFG. Sorry Papa, but I have a new favorite.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

I know I should know this being a southern girl and all...but what exactly is salted pork? Is it pork cured with salt and then smoked, sort of like bacon?

SexyBurlapSack
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I'm not sure. I guess you could just Google "pure tobacco for sale", or check Amazon.

Quoting bellaamore:
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Internet?

Quoting bellaamore:
Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Where would I go online?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)