Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For real dd!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
DD is 8. One of her chores (along w feeding and watering the chickens, inside birds, the outside birds and the degu) is putting away her laundry.

For a solid week, I have been asking for her cleans to be put away. Turns out when she said she did, she LIED.

Apparently, she has a busy life and is to stressed about *random crap*.

She's in tears right now as I sit on her floor and refuse to help her with the half a hamper she has left.

Her closet has 2 levels of shelves and color coded hangers. No drawers, but bins for unders, socks and camis.

Coats need to be hung, and school bags (book bag and snow stuff) go on top of the clothing level, and summer stuff, softball stuff go on the upper level

It's really super easy.

It's too early for thsee mood swings. Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM

yeah I wouldnt be sitting on the floor in her room. I would just tell her she cant come out of her room until her clothes are put away and neatly. And if she didnt do it right then she can redo it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM
If I didn't sit here, she wouldn't do it she would just sit and do nothing. As I sit here, shes Lally gagging along.

Quoting SitaStJames:

yeah I wouldnt be sitting on the floor in her room. I would just tell her she cant come out of her room until her clothes are put away and neatly. And if she didnt do it right then she can redo it. 

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM

damn,putting the clothes away is the easiest part of laundry..maybe its time she does her own laundry..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Our washer is picky, I'd rather do it myself. She helps move it to the dryer though.

"Mommy it's Christmas, I don't wanna do anything after Christmas day."

Sorry toots. I didn't wanna cook for 10 people, clean 2 houses, and then listen to you cry for an hour, but I am. So get to hanging. "

Quoting quinnsmom715:

damn,putting the clothes away is the easiest part of laundry..maybe its time she does her own laundry..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)