Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that's not his f***ing name!!!! ETA

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 371 Replies
1 mom liked this
So we went to BIL's house today for dinner and his wife's family was there also.

The kids started asking what each others middle names were (no big deal), my son said his middle name is James.

After that everybody started calling him RJ. Even after I repeatedly told them that his name is Rylee. It is not RJ. RYLEE. Well then BIL's Mil started calling him Lee. NO! His name is Rylee damn it!

If I wanted his name to be RJ or Lee then that is what I would have named him. When he is a teenager and decided he wants a stupid nickname then that's his choice but until then his name will be his entire name and not some stupid short bastardization of it.

And I did polietly ask everyone more than once to not call him that and to call him Rylee. And they all thought it was funny that I was getting annoyed and continued to call him RJ and Lee.

I was livid by the time we left.

ETA:

I've only made it to page 3, but to answer the most common question. My son is over literal and he wants to be called Rylee because that is his name. He Aldo doesn't like nick names. He had asked repeatedly also to be called Rylee.

AND this is not about how I spell my kids name or what their names are. Its about our family being assholes just because they can.

STOP attacking my DD's name. Not your kid.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM
5 moms liked this
Um. Yeah.

If he is old enough to know his middle name, he is old enough to figure out what he wants to be called.

If it doesn't bother him, then what difference does it make?
o.0
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh good lord
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
26 moms liked this

I'll say it. 

Rylee is a horrible fucking name of any child, especially a boy. 

Ew. 

Also, you are over reacting. You gave him the name but you are not the person who has to be called the name/nick name nor are you the one calling him the nick name. It's not YOUR choice despite what you think. You're over dramatic and need to knock down a notch for sure. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
5 moms liked this

I can never understand why people get so angry at this.  So, they were giving him cute nicknames. BFD.  People give my kids nick names all the time. My daughter's pre-k teachers always called her Emmy-Lou.  Not my favorite nickname, but I didn't let it bother me. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry, I prefer RJ or Lee too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM
24 moms liked this

so you took something trivial and ruined your own day. Got it.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and what wrong with RJ?  Maybe your son likes it.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, if you knew her daughters name you would think Rylee is an A+

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'll say it. 

Rylee is a horrible fucking name of any child, especially a boy. 

Ew. 

Also, you are over reacting. You gave him the name but you are not the person who has to be called the name/nick name nor are you the one calling him the nick name. It's not YOUR choice despite what you think. You're over dramatic and need to knock down a notch for sure. 

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
You can't control nicknames. Not a battle I would choose to fight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this
That would piss me off. I would've taken ds aside and explained what they're saying is not ok and to reiterate he prefers to be called rylee. It's a shame people get so much pleasure out of being rude to others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)