Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My family is strange.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Every time I have a sister due to have a baby, they tell me they are pregnant way after they told everyone else. Also,I was getting so excited about my new nephew's arrival and kept asking my mom if he had been born yet. She kept replying "no" via text and then today called and told me he was born and they are already home from the hospital. I'm happy but sad no one told me until today. Several years ago my husband , children and I moved about 1,000 miles away and since then they leave me out of everything. Am I being irrational? I can accept if you say I am. I am happy for my sister, I really am. Just saddened I'm the last to know.  I asked why didn't they tell me? They said well it was a long labor so we couldn't facetime you like we thought we were going to and if you would have showed up for Christmas, you would have known. I dont even know when he was born. :( They didnt tell me , only the birth weight.

Several years ago, same thing. My other sister told me she was pregnant then wouldnt tell me when she was due and I didnt see a picture of him for months.

They are plain weird. I dont keep secrets like that. Do you? Are are they weird?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Maybe your too excited and annoying about it?

That sounds harsh, I'm just saying maybe less is more?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
How many sisters do you have? And yes I find it weird.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I didn't move that far away (Only a hundred miles or so) and I still feel like I'm left out of a lot of stuff.  No births or anything, but if someone goes into the hospital or something, I'm usually the last to know. 

chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
This sounds so mean but it sounds like they are purposefully excluding you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: How many sisters do you have? And yes I find it weird.

Four. One older and three younger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Quoting chickensmommy: This sounds so mean but it sounds like they are purposefully excluding you.

This is what I thought. :( Its heartbreaking but what can I do about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Quoting LokisMama:

I didn't move that far away (Only a hundred miles or so) and I still feel like I'm left out of a lot of stuff.  No births or anything, but if someone goes into the hospital or something, I'm usually the last to know. 

Im sorry, it sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Danesmommy1: Maybe your too excited and annoying about it? That sounds harsh, I'm just saying maybe less is more?

Its possible. Remind me not to ever get exited for my sisters again. :) It was every few days I texted.

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Do you guys have Facebook?
MrsRA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM

That does sound kind of strange. Maybe they are upset you moved so far away but are being passive/aggresive about things. Sort of subtle pay back.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)