Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel horrible about what I did!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
I was playing with Happy, my dog, while some clothes are in the wash, and DD picks up her room. We were playing with her tug-of-war rope, and I had it. Right when I went to throw it, she jumped up, and one of the hard knots caught her right on the side of her nose ( as in ON her nose! ).

She immediately began sneezing like crazy, and I checked on her, only to see blood on her fur and coming out of her nose!

I cleaned her up, almost in tears, because I feel terrible! She's not bleeding any more. She's laying beside me on the arm of my chair, squeezed between it and me.

She's such a sweet dog. I feel terrible about it, and now I'm scared her nose is seriously hurt. How can I tell if I need to take her to the emergency vet we have in town??

I know this might be stupid, but I really do feel horrible and I want to know my furbaby is gonna be okay.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Can you call her vet? That's what is would do.
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I understand how you feel, but try not to be too hard on yourself; after all, it happened while playing! 

Not sure how to tell if it is serious, so here's a healing bump.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Is this the one that you have only had a couple of weeks? It's not only her nose you have to worry about but her trust in you. I would take her to the vet in the morning.

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Bump
Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I've done that! :( My pup was okay. A little bit of blood, and sore nose, but okay =)

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Shes not sneezing anymore, nor is it bleeding. I just checked her again and it isn't sore ( she let me rub around it ).

I know it happened while playing, but I still feel horrible for it.

Quoting TisHerself:

I understand how you feel, but try not to be too hard on yourself; after all, it happened while playing! 

Not sure how to tell if it is serious, so here's a healing bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Lol I'm pretty sure the dog won't be scared from one incident. Don't need to make the OP feel worse.

Quoting susannah2000:

Is this the one that you have only had a couple of weeks? It's not only her nose you have to worry about but her trust in you. I would take her to the vet in the morning.

andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I'm sorry. I would check with the vet.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
How can I tell if its severe? She didn't even really bleed much. She's a blonde terrier, and her fur was pink. I got a wet wipe, and cleaned her fur and nose.

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

I've done that! :( My pup was okay. A little bit of blood, and sore nose, but okay =)

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Aww, poor pup! I've done the same, I'm sure she's fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)