Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Guess It's A Hit!!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
So our family gift this year was a 29 gallon aquarium. I set it up Christmas Eve with fish and all so that the kids got to see it first thing this morning. My 12 year old helped me set it up (he asked for the tank so he knew about it and he begged to help set it up) so he acted surprised but my 1 year olds were just mesmerized by it. They were so excited about the "bishies" that it was hard to get them to open their other presents. Now we have an angel fish named Evangeline, a blue gourami (sp?) named Fluffy (because my 12 year old is a smartass), two pink kissers named Smoocher and Olaf, and a catfish named Kitty. I guess Santa did good this year!
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Aww! Glad they like their new pets! My mom has a fish tank and DD loves to watch the 'pishies' and help grandma feed them. :)

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
That's awesome!

I don't know a lot about home aquariums, but I think it's bad to introduce them all at once. Look into it, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But, they might start to die.
howkhuntastic
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Sweet!!!
I'm thinking of getting either fish or a red eared slider, ostensibly for the kids 2&1$3 months. I love the name fluffy, good job Santa.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Fish tanks are always a big hit with kids.  We got my daughter one for her fourth birthday and she loved it. :-)

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Nice, I'm glad they like it :)

WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Cool. Pic?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Aww... I'm glad they all enjoyed their gift. I think a fish tank is a great present for the whole family.
mlg1989
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Glad they loved it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)