Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the heck bath and body works

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
Am I the only one that thinks their prices are incredibly insane now? I've used them exclusively for body wash since 92 or 93 and their prices have more than doubled since then. A 10 oz bottle of body wash has a price sticker of 12.50. What the hell? I know they have sales constantly but I swear when I need them nothing is on sale or the stuff I want isn't on sale.

I remember getting 100 dollars worth of gift cards from them one year and buying enough stuff to not have to buy body wash for 3 or 4 years but now 100 bucks buys me maybe a years supply.

Are there Any other companies out there like bath and body works that aren't as proud of their stuff?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM
The natural body store
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM

It's fucking robbery is what it is. 

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM

The last time I bought Bath and Body Works I broke out in a full rash. I had used it for years previously with no problem. I use Philosophy now and spend 10.00 a bottle when it is on sale. I believe it is around 16.00 regular price but a bottle lasts forever. 

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I try to catch all of their sales
They seem to have many throughout the yr
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Its crazy, I stock up during sales even when don't need something. They put there cream lotions on sale for $4 a few weeks ago who I bought a ton and used that as presents and I still have about five left for myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
It is. I hate it, I've been incredibly loyal to them for a long time but I just can't justify spending that much on body wash.

Quoting the_dude:

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Nope, I can't either. It's insane. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is. I hate it, I've been incredibly loyal to them for a long time but I just can't justify spending that much on body wash.
Quoting the_dude:

Plus they nixed my favorite scent. 

kiwiskiwi29
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

They are hideously expensive. It's best to only buy when they have their semi annual sales. Otherwise you'll go broke.

eadyT
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM
They haven't went up that much. I was paying $8 in 96-98 and $10 in early 2000's. I love B&BW's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
They've done that to a few of mine. It's a freaking game because they will introduce the old scents once or twice a year and call it a special edition *rolls eyes*

My fav was country Apple.

Quoting the_dude:

Nope, I can't either. It's insane. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is. I hate it, I've been incredibly loyal to them for a long time but I just can't justify spending that much on body wash.

Quoting the_dude:

Plus they nixed my favorite scent. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)