Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm ruining our marriage

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
  • 20 Replies
When my husband and I met, I was an easy-going person compared to what I am now. He used to tell me all the time how adorable I was and he was amazed at how sensitive to other people I was. We also had a ton in common. However, after we married and I had our DS, something changed. My hormones changed, my brain changed and I was diagnosed with postpartum. I got help, though, so our DS was safe, still is. But I've noticed over the years I've become hardend and bitter. Even my political views have changed. My DH has noticed this and I can tell we're drifting apart. Or rather, he is drifting from me. I can tell that he's disgusted with how I've become. He's even asked me, "Where is the woman I married?"

I go to therapy, so maybe I'll bring this up. But I don't know what to do until Monday. I don't know how to face the disappointment in his eyes when we hit a snag.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you on any medications?  I went thru this a few years ago.  My doctor prescribed Effexor for my moodiness.  It seems to help.  Somehow it balances the seratonin in your brain.  Talk to your medical doctor!  Good luck!

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Maybe set a special date night up. Nothing fancy or expensive. Maybe just show your dh your still into him after ds goes to bed. My hubby gets drifted from me a lot to and its usually because I'm so wrapped up in what's going on with the kids, I sometimes forget about dh and his feelings. Good idea on speaking to your therapist. But I'd defitnetly try a special date night. Good luck!
MsJoa
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I've on four different medications to help me with my moods. I've been on them for a few years. Maybe I need a change. I'll be talking with my doctor. Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Are you on any medications?  I went thru this a few years ago.  My doctor prescribed Effexor for my moodiness.  It seems to help.  Somehow it balances the seratonin in your brain.  Talk to your medical doctor!  Good luck!

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Just tell him that you know you are out of sorts and that you are going to talk to your therapist and to please be patient. It didn't happen overnight and you won't be able to fix it overnight. But I think you can feel better...good luck Mama.
4girlsmum
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Let a few seconds transpire before you speak, then make the choice to be the woman he married.

seximami111
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Here's a bump, I'm going through the same thing.

MsJoa
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Thank you. I'll try this. I mean, I've tried it before but he doesn't talk much, and when he does it's about our DS.

Thank you.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Maybe set a special date night up. Nothing fancy or expensive. Maybe just show your dh your still into him after ds goes to bed. My hubby gets drifted from me a lot to and its usually because I'm so wrapped up in what's going on with the kids, I sometimes forget about dh and his feelings. Good idea on speaking to your therapist. But I'd defitnetly try a special date night. Good luck!
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

This is very good advice, I second it =)

Quoting DensHag: Just tell him that you know you are out of sorts and that you are going to talk to your therapist and to please be patient. It didn't happen overnight and you won't be able to fix it overnight. But I think you can feel better...good luck Mama.

MsJoa
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thank you!

Quoting DensHag: Just tell him that you know you are out of sorts and that you are going to talk to your therapist and to please be patient. It didn't happen overnight and you won't be able to fix it overnight. But I think you can feel better...good luck Mama.
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
You are the only one who can change the way you let the world effect you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)