Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss surgery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Has anyone had it? If so would you mind sharing your experience with me? What surgery did you have? How much have you lost? How long ago did you have it? Do you regret it? Any negative side effects of the surgery? If you have before and after photos I would love to see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Bump
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Please don't do it. My friend had it and she is no longer with us. Weather the surgeon did something wrong or Cathy got an infection we still do not know.
demonica29
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM

When you choose to call it gastric bypass surgery, it's actual name, I'll probAbly answer.

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I had a lap band in 2009, I have lost 151 pounds so far, have about 60 more to go. I love my band. I have been able to manage my weight loss the way I want to, even went on a two year break after I lost the first 100 so I could get used to the new me. My friend that had the bypass gained back 60 pounds. My friend that had the sleeve couldnt get under 265, she started at 479, now she wants a band. I like that if there is ever a reason I would need to gain weight, it can be unfilled

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM

there are more surgeries than gastric bypass for weight loss

Quoting demonica29:

When you choose to call it gastric bypass surgery, it's actual name, I'll probAbly answer.

demonica29
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Box of hair.

Quoting andreamarie: Please don't do it. My friend had it and she is no longer with us. Weather the surgeon did something wrong or Cathy got an infection we still do not know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I would love to have it.  Went to a seminar about it but they told me my insurance won't cover it.  If I was on the medical card it would be free.  Somehow that's just not right!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Given that there are more surgical options than just bypass, I probably won't. Let's see there is gastric banding, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, gastric bypass, a procedure that involves a resection of the stomach as well as placement of a gastric band, gastroplasty, etc.

Quoting demonica29:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I had a gastric bypass in 03. Cripes, I forget how to spell it but it sounds like Roo N Why, lol. I can't believe I'm having this brain lapse.

I lost over 150lbs. Just actually got too thin and had to make an effort to gain back some weight. I was fainting all over the place and it was unhealthy.

I still vomit occasionally. The first year was miserable. I barfed and shit myself left and right. Then I couldn't shit and thought I'd die of constipation.

In the end it was worth it. I still can't abide anything sweet though and anything that has a lot of milk in it is a no go too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Wow aren't we a ray of sunshine!  There are procedures other than gastric bypass.

Quoting demonica29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)