Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She should know she needs to share with him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
We were over at my sisters house today for christmas and we got there just after my niece started opening her gifts. One of her gifts was a frozen castle with an anna side and elsa side. Well my ds 13 is obsessed with frozen (he has special needs). He immediately saw it and freaked. He was so excited. He started to play with It alongside my niece. My niece started freaking out and said "no its mine, get your own". I told her she needed to share for a bit. My sister told me that my ds needed to back off for a bit because it was a brand new gift for her dd. I was so pissed as this caused my son to have a melt down and we had to leave fairly early. My sister could have been more understanding. Ds was hurt. I was not able to get ds his own frozen castle this year so I feel like my sister and niece could have allowed my ds a little play time. My niece is so spoiled. I feel like he was excluded.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Bump
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
28 moms liked this
I feel like she can have some time to play with a brand new toy without her special needs cousin stepping in.
mom2makayla809
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm all for sharing but if it was Christmas im sure he had his own toys to play with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
2 hours passed and she still wouldn't let him. I even tried talking to her aND she just cried and cried over it. She's a notorious hog of toys.

Quoting Spam72: I feel like she can have some time to play with a brand new toy without her special needs cousin stepping in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Please tell me you're not serious
MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I think my opinion would be based on what kind of special needs he has, but I'm inclined to agree with your niece. It's hers and it's new, so she should get a chance to play with it for a bit before he does.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never forced sharing. Especially a brand new toy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM
?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Please tell me you're not serious
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol!  Good I was sad I hadn't seen one of these posts yet!  Thank you!

PCOSSucks0422
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I think this is a toughie. On one hand, I see your side; your son is special needs and she is 13, old enough to understand that. On the other hand, it is her brand new gift. Shouldn't she get to have time to play with it all to her self before she shares? I'm not sure what side I take on this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)