Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no dh, ds does not have to share his car

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 304 Replies
3 moms liked this
My ds 17, came home from his dad's house last night driving a 2010 Toyota Camry. His dad and I agreed that he could get him a car if he, his dad, pays the insurance and that I have the authority to take it away as punishment should I find it appropriate, not that I forsee needing too, he rarely gets in trouble. I thought he was giving it to him for his birthday next month but this was a nice surprise. My dh has a 16 year old son, they get along ok and have some of the same friends. One of those mutual friends is having a birthday party on Saturday. Her parents are renting out a beach house. Dh asked ds that since both boys are invited, could ds drive ss. SS was going to ride with a friend but the friend got grounded. Ds said he is sorry but he will be driving his girlfriend, 2 other friends and his girlfriend's sister. He said he already promised these friends when, as far as he knew Ss had a ride. Dh told him if he won't take SS, he can't go. I asked ds to go to his room. I told dh that this is ds's brand new car, he is a straight A student and has never given us a reason to distrust us and he should get to go have a good time. It's not his fault that SS chose to rely on a friend who then got grounded. It's also not fair to my ds or ds's friends for him to be forced to go back on his offer of a ride. I mean obviously, he wants to show his friends his car. DH is pissed but I don't think he is being fair.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM
22 moms liked this
I agree with you.
MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Does his ds not have other friends??
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.. hehe..

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
6 moms liked this
Oh, that's hard. On one hand, that's his brother- step but still a brother. The other hand, he made a promise and I'm all about keeping promises that are made.

Maybe if one of the kids he plans on taking can't come, then he'll give him a ride but for now, maybe his dad can take him or he can get a ride with someone else
judykay1944
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
5 moms liked this

I agree with you. The plans are made, kids are relying on him for the ride and your husband is wrong about this. There is NOT enough room in that car for another person. To lay a guilt trip on this kid for making  plans is so wrong, I think you are a good mom for standing up for your son but doing it in private with his SD.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you. Does your SS not have any other friends?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Can he not even try to see if one of those friends can get a ride with someone else?
Dannygirl25
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM
4 moms liked this
DS would be going and dh could fucking pout if he wants to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)