Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you completely start over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have not been happy where I am at in a very long time. I have 2 kids, I'm a disabled SAHM, and I have an SO who has barely spoken to me in months. We are not in love anymore, we don't sleep in the same room, we don't spend any time together. All he does is work and sleep. Neither of us care to repair our relationship, because we are both just done.

This city is killing me. I hate the state I am in. The pain medication I take daily is destroying my body and mind. When I smoke marijuana, I feel better, and I can actually be productive instead of lying around loopy all the time. That's no way to live. Unfortunately it's illegal here and I'd like to move to a state where it's legal and be able to be a somewhat functional member of society.

But how do I even start? I don't work, I can't work as I am right now. I receive disability, but it's enough to cover the my insurance copay and related expenses.

My SO says if I want to leave, that's fine, but he wouldn't be helping me financially, outside of child support. We are okay with sharing custody, even across state lines, but how do I even start to move? Everyone I know is in this city. I know no one in other states, no one I could temporarily live with until I get on my feet.

I just want my children to have a mom that can interact with them and be normal, not either be crippled by pain all the time or totally loopy from pain meds. They deserve that, and without the fear that CPS will show up and take them one day because mom uses weed.

I feel so lost.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Bump
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM

why are you in consistant pain?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I have fibromyalgia, and scoliosis, those are my main issues.

Quoting SitaStJames:

why are you in consistant pain?

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
That's rough, I wish I had some amazing advice for you. I hope someone does
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM
What state are you in?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)