Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I like Christmas with my inlaws MUCH better than my own family!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone else like this?

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Gawd no! DH would agree with you though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep
PoisonEyeV
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy shit, yes.

thetrollcat

my family is slowly falling apart thanks to my mom

Quoting Danesmommy1: Gawd no! DH would agree with you though.

kellly

For many years I was like that, preferring holidays at my in laws over my family but now I don't even speak to my dh family. Their true colors came out and I don't know why it took me so long to see it.  I do now and won't have anything to do with them.  My oldest son came down sick with Ulcerative Colitis, he was 19 at the time, and wanted to try a natural approach before meds.  He was an adult so I supported his decision and my dh family turned on me and called me a neglectful mother and a POS, I was shocked!  The names kept coming bc they were afraid for my son, but my son was an adult and chose his path.  He has since started to take meds but it was the route he wanted to go. I feel like their name calling was truly how they felt and my son gave them an excuse to be true to their feelings for me. It has only gotten worse. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your inlaws, but I never will again.

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

that is not good. While every family has their issues I can honestly say my inlaws are better. They show up to events my family never show up to. Including my own college graduation :|

Quoting kellly:

For many years I was like that, preferring holidays at my in laws over my family but now I don't even speak to my dh family. Their true colors came out and I don't know why it took me so long to see it.  I do now and won't have anything to do with them.  My oldest son came down sick with Ulcerative Colitis, he was 19 at the time, and wanted to try a natural approach before meds.  He was an adult so I supported his decision and my dh family turned on me and called me a neglectful mother and a POS, I was shocked!  The names kept coming bc they were afraid for my son, but my son was an adult and chose his path.  He has since started to take meds but it was the route he wanted to go. I feel like their name calling was truly how they felt and my son gave them an excuse to be true to their feelings for me. It has only gotten worse. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your inlaws, but I never will again.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Yes I typically do since they have no expectations of me.   I have not actually seen my blood family at christmas in over 11 years.  We are blessed that we get along with some people that are like an adopted family to us.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I prefer it with just me and hubby. 

Mammacra
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Yes me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)