Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh doesn't take care of me when I'm sick :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Unfortunately I got hit with a sore throat/achiness and overall "blah" for Xmas :( I haven't been sick in a while and it had to wait till Xmas! Anyway, dh is just basically annoyed, saying "what a drag"...He's never been one to tale care of me when I'm not feeling well and it upsets me...We were arguing a little recently which doesn't happen often so I guess he's fed up with me. I gave everyone a great Xmas with lots of preparation/baking/gifts for 30 people and now I'm sick and noone cares :(

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe give him a rash of shit next time he's under the weather.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Ummm....get over it? DH only takes care of me when I need a ride to the hospital. And maybe goes to the pharmacy to get meds. Otherwise, I'm the one who still takes care of the kids plus the house, even while sick. And I have crohns so I'm sick a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
This

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe give him a rash of shit next time he's under the weather.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you wear a cape while you are doing everything?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ummm....get over it? DH only takes care of me when I need a ride to the hospital. And maybe goes to the pharmacy to get meds. Otherwise, I'm the one who still takes care of the kids plus the house, even while sick. And I have crohns so I'm sick a lot.

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Sorry you aren't feeling well and have no one to take care of you. That sucks, especially when you don't feel good and all you want is to be babied a little. Lol. Feel better soon!

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM
That sucks. I am very grateful my DH takes care of me and had always helped out.
Me time he's sick treat him the same way. See how he likes it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
So your DH is an ass too?
You should understand then and not be an ass to the OP.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ummm....get over it? DH only takes care of me when I need a ride to the hospital. And maybe goes to the pharmacy to get meds. Otherwise, I'm the one who still takes care of the kids plus the house, even while sick. And I have crohns so I'm sick a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I would treat him similarly the next time he is sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:45 PM

DH drove me to the ER this morning... that's about it....  Gall Stones.. and i'm miserable... and he's bitching... Brilliant...

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I'm sorry :-(  Mine is the same way but when HE is sick dear god the world is ending.  Many men I know seem to be that way.  Sorry your Christmas was rough :-(  My 19 month old came down with something and I spent a lot of the day cleaning vomit off of stuff...I'm fully expecting to be sick in the next day or so :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)