Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some people are never happy I guess...Christmas related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I Think this was incredibly rude of my sister-in-law. my sister-in-law has been asking my mom to borrow her carpet cleaner. Told my brother how dirty the carpets are and how much easier it would be to keep them clean. yesterday when they did their Christmas with their kids who had to go back to Bm at 4pm my sister-in-law did something that shocked me.

my brother bought her a $300 top of the line rug doctor. when she opened it he said she had the most pissed off look on her face. she looked it up and down and asked, "what do I want with this?" he looked confused and replied,"it's the carpet cleaner you wanted." she argued that she never said she wanted one and that she couldn't believe that he would even consider getting her that. my brother had also gotten her a kurige, a coach purse, a bottle of her favorite perfume, 4 pairs of her favorite jeans, 3 sweaters, a pair of boots, a diamond bracket and a pair of matching hat and gloves. she told him she didn't want it in the house. that she wasn't going to store it in the house when it's just going back to the store.

after dropping his kids off at Bm's house he took it back to the store he bought it at. got his money back on it and when he got home she asked for the money so she could go and buy what she wanted to make up for the gift. he gave her half the money and kept the rest. she threw a fit and now they aren't speaking.

I think that was incredibly rude. dh and I are incredibly happy with Christmas. we spent $50 on each other. I got a 4 slice toaster, 3 DVD's and a 1lb bag of nibbs. dh got a carrying case for his riffle, the new Garth Brooks CD and a 1lb bag of sour patch. My parents got me a steam mop and dh an impact driver.

some people are just never happy I guess.p
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fightlikegirl5
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM
I wouldn't have been happy either sorry.... Sure it night be something I want but cleaning products, vacuums, shampooers, pans, dishes, stuff like that are not gifts. DH knows to never get me,any thing like that as a gift. I would have been seriously disappointed
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
She was very rude. I can see not wanting to own one because they do take up space. But she behaved like a total bitch.
fightlikegirl5
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I also think he needs to give her all of her gift. He returned her gift so all the money he should give to her.
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

...*guilty face* I got very happy last christmas when my husband surprised me with my vacuum cleaner...I love getting stuff like that. I was hoping for a carpet cleaner this christmas but my husband decided to get me a kindle fire hdx 8.9" instead which I love!!! And so maybe for Valentine's Day he might get me a carpet shampooer or maybe a waffle iron or oh! A sewing machine! :-D Guess I'm the odd one.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What a greedy bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
She needs to stop acting like a child and grow the heck up. He was doing it to be thoughtful. His money. She would be lucky that she got any of it
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow yeah that's extremely rude of her.... She got showered with gifts, didn't like one and threw a hissy fit... Wow
FBomber76
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh....I got a Dyson Animal vaccum for a bachelorette gift. My sister, friends and family pitched in to buy it for me. I really wanted one, but knew there was no way in chicken hell my then fiance would every green light a vaccum that expensive. I was beyond excited when I unwrapped it. I'm a clean freak, so I'm weird like that. 

Quoting fightlikegirl5: I wouldn't have been happy either sorry.... Sure it night be something I want but cleaning products, vacuums, shampooers, pans, dishes, stuff like that are not gifts. DH knows to never get me,any thing like that as a gift. I would have been seriously disappointed

FBomber76
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

She's also a spoiled bitch. The diamond bracelet alone is more than enough for a gift... let alone everything else she received. She obviously is used to getting showered with gifts like a damn princess. 

I know a few guys that got caught up in relationships like this. The pretty, pretty princess thing gets old really damn fast when you marry them and nothing you do is ever good enough for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She's a brat. It's not like that was the only thing she got. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)