• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman accuses man of rape, man gets 1 year jail time, but when it's found out she wrongly accused him, she gets 35 days in jail and an ankle monitor!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Such BS!!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM

he got his freedom, but where does he go to get his reputation back? the term "rapist" will be hung around his neck....

fallingstars13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

she should have been given a harsher punishment and forced to pay restitution, people like that give actual rape victim a bad name and it makes it harder for actual victims to get justice. I just wonder how it got to the point where he was sent to jail, what evidence did they have against him?

tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Well lying and rape are not really comparable crimes. They both suck, but they are not comparable.

donnag013
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Not as serious, I agree. However, her lying led to a person being what amounts to kidnapped for a year. He had no personal freedom, could not make his own choices. THAT'S what she should be arrested for.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Well lying and rape are not really comparable crimes. They both suck, but they are not comparable.

tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM

I don't disagree and I believe there should be more laws written with heavy penalties, but lying and rape are in no way comparable. I believe he should of gotten more time than he did as well (not served, because he is innocent, just sentenced.) A year for rape is nothing.

Quoting donnag013:

Not as serious, I agree. However, her lying led to a person being what amounts to kidnapped for a year. He had no personal freedom, could not make his own choices. THAT'S what she should be arrested for.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I believe he can bring a civil suit against her for loss of wages and oppotunities.

Th penalty for false accusation hold a lesser sentence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I lie and say someone has a gun and is trying to kill me. They get shot as a result of my lies. Just a teensie weensie lie right? Lies can have consequences absolutely comparable to rape. I think a year of you life GONE is quite serious. Hell, he could have been raped in jail himself.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:14 AM

That itself is a completely separate situation and would probably be considered a homicide.

But non-violent crime should never be as harshly punished as violent crime. Like I said, not saying it should not be punished harshly, it should, but so should rape.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I lie and say someone has a gun and is trying to kill me. They get shot as a result of my lies. Just a teensie weensie lie right? Lies can have consequences absolutely comparable to rape. I think a year of you life GONE is quite serious. Hell, he could have been raped in jail himself.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM
I'm shocked she was punished at all, frankly. There was a story a while back about a man accused of rape that was spending years and years in jail, and then the accuser admitted she made the whole thing up. There was no justice for him.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM
The consequences of lies told about you can absolutely be life altering and completely devastating. At the very least, the woman should have faced the exact same consequences that she made this innocent man suffer.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

That itself is a completely separate situation and would probably be considered a homicide.

But non-violent crime should never be as harshly punished as violent crime. Like I said, not saying it should not be punished harshly, it should, but so should rape.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)