• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be honest:how often do you drink? And how much?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies

And I don't mean just during the holidays. How much and how often (like days a week, once a week, etc) do you drink alcohol? How much is too much and too often in your opinion? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Never
SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM
If I drink it is no more than two drinks. That happens maybe once every three months.
firebird78
by L&J'sMom on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I drink only a few times a yr
At most
Here's a bump
squeekers
by squeekers on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I am alcohol intolerant. So I do not drink. However I do like sodapop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Often and a lot. It's super expensive and/or super difficult to get proper mental care when you are an average, middle class family in a small town with no large cities near.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM
5 times a week, one drink each of those days. For me, too often would be getting drunk every other month - not necessary alcoholic, but I don't like drunk so that is how much I could personally tolerate in someone close to me.
Linemanmomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Never. Did when I was younger and let's just say I'm not a happy or lovable drunk...
BatmanWondaWomn
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I drink throughout the week and then after a while take a few weeks off from drinking.. When I do drink it's always wine and I can drink up to three big bottles.I had to cut down because it was getting worse so now it takes me two days to drink a big bottle.When I drink it's like I can't stop.
countrymomma81
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Not often at all. Maybe 5 times a year, and that's including a glass of wine at night every once in a while. 

Usually only for weddings or other family gatherings and that's if the kids aren't with us. If they are then only DH or I drink, not both. And when I do drink I can easily put down a 12 pack of beer and still be fine. I'm not into anything harder than that with the exception of a daiquiri and even that I can sip on all night. I'm just not into it the way I was when I was younger. 

SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We pair wine with dinner daily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)