• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long term relationships

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

It is that time of year again.

Where there are the wonderful announcements of engagements.

I am happy for them. But I become extremely annoyed with myself for being so mopey.  My "fiance/boyfriend/father of my children" and I have been together for 9 and a half years.  We got engaged 4 years ago. If I ever bring up planning a wedding he gets all sorts of wierd and angry.  There is always an excuse. The number one thing : Money. He said if we get married lets just go away and do it. I tried planning that and he backed out when it came time to look at plane ticket prices.  We aren't religious people. So it is more of just a union between us that makes us " official" I guess. Status maybe? Idk it just makes me so irritated.  Everything else between us is fine. We have always worked together on everything but this. Its almost like he turns into another person when I bring it up.  Another thing that annoys me is he tells people I am his "wife" He said it makes us sound more serious.. .

well no f*cking kidding.

I am just very annoyed and needed to vent this out.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:35 AM
6 moms liked this
He is never going to marry you. Accept it and move on or break up and move on.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship that long without being married but that is just me.

You need to sit down with him and talk about marriage and why it is so important to you and why he doesn't want to do it.

Amybelle
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

"been together 9 yrs, engagd 4" he's shown you EXACTLY who he is & what he wants,,,& that's NOT Marriage

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Quoting happymommy1105: He is never going to marry you. Accept it and move on or break up and move on.

I am not going to break up with him. It is just something I think that is going to take me a long time to accept.

I am venting, that's all.

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM
If he hasn't wanted to plan to get married during the fours years of being engaged then he just doesn't want to get married and maybe proposed to make you happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Quoting Amybelle:

"been together 9 yrs, engagd 4" he's shown you EXACTLY who he is & what he wants,,,& that's NOT Marriage

I know. I just keep hoping if I bring it up maybe he changed his mind. Just sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Quoting SitaStJames: If he hasn't wanted to plan to get married during the fours years of being engaged then he just doesn't want to get married and maybe proposed to make you happy.

That is exactly what he did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship that long without being married but that is just me.

You need to sit down with him and talk about marriage and why it is so important to you and why he doesn't want to do it.

We've tried talking about it. It never goes well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Marriage is important to me so that would be a deal breaker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Marriage is important to me so that would be a deal breaker.

I feel it is important to me to, but I can't tell him exactly why when he askes. I always say because I just do.
I hate that my last name is different from the kids and him. I hate that I can't get taken seriously when I call him my boyfriend.  AHHHH - annoyed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)