• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you decide...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
On a new haircut?! I'm going Monday to get purple or blue peek a boo highlights and was considering a new cut because well... Its way past time for something new!! I've had the same hair cut for 9 or so years now, it varies a little in length over the years and color but always long angled side swept bangs, and long layers through the rest of my hair, kept below my shoulder at some length.
I went short once and I can't do it, I've been trying to grow it out long again (its medium-long now but I miss having LONG hair! Lol)
I just can't find anything I like that's not too... Risky that I'll hate it or it'll make me look... Idk heavier? Or whatever... I know its only hair, it'll grow out but my hair grows slow and its rare I get a professional cut, usually just a trim from my grandpas wife...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I quit dyeing my hair years ago and I just tell Shelley to have fun. She never goes crazy because she knows me.
tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I literally go to my hair dresser and tell her to do what she thinks will look good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I don't go anywhere for cuts, last time I went was 3 years ago :/
I love dying my hair, I've cut back majorly though and don't do it very often this is my first time doing an "unnatural" color :

Quoting Anonymous 2: I quit dyeing my hair years ago and I just tell Shelley to have fun. She never goes crazy because she knows me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM
:/ I haven't been to someone in 3 or so years...

Quoting tinybluemoon:

I literally go to my hair dresser and tell her to do what she thinks will look good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Then go with make it healthy and update it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't go anywhere for cuts, last time I went was 3 years ago :/
I love dying my hair, I've cut back majorly though and don't do it very often this is my first time doing an "unnatural" color :

Quoting Anonymous 2: I quit dyeing my hair years ago and I just tell Shelley to have fun. She never goes crazy because she knows me.
SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:46 AM
I do the same thing.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I've had the same cut/style for a couple of years. The last time I changed it my hair was 1/2 way down my back, no bangs. I went to my SIL's hairdresser before our niece's wedding. I let her have at it. Now I have layers and long bangs. I have fun with the bottom layer and often have hot pink or turquoise.

I'm taking my 15 yr old DD to have hers dyed professionally on Tues. She wants it purple in the center and blond on the bottom. Can't wait to see the look on her grandmothers' faces.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM
I've learned what suits me and I stick with it. I either just get a trim, or add layers. I have long hair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:00 AM
I don't trust someone random to just have at it with my hair lol. I'm going to a new place Monday and hoping like hell my highlights come out good :/
I took my sister a few months ago to get a few in her hair, but I also dyed her hair from blonde to black 2 years ago lol. No one cared much :) my grandpa saw me start dying my hair and changing it all the time and didn't care at all (I also went from blonde to black the first time I dyed it)
I'm excited to do the purple, first time I'm going outside the box with color options :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

I've had the same cut/style for a couple of years. The last time I changed it my hair was 1/2 way down my back, no bangs. I went to my SIL's hairdresser before our niece's wedding. I let her have at it. Now I have layers and long bangs. I have fun with the bottom layer and often have hot pink or turquoise.

I'm taking my 15 yr old DD to have hers dyed professionally on Tues. She wants it purple in the center and blond on the bottom. Can't wait to see the look on her grandmothers' faces.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I'm kind of just getting tired with the same haircut at this point... I like to mess with my hair a lot and cutting back on color I guess I've decided its time for a new cut?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I've learned what suits me and I stick with it. I either just get a trim, or add layers. I have long hair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)