Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you're 16 and I'm supposed to be happy you're pregnant? update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sister called me today to invite me to her baby shower. .. She's 16... before you tell me to encourage her to hAve an abortion she's 25 weeks

Eta First of all I never said I wouldn't be supportive. I'm just not thrilled. Second you assume my dad is a dead beat and doesn't care. He's deployed ever hear of that?
my sister will most likely come and live here with me as my SM is a lush and can't be trusted around a baby. Good thing I can come in here and vent. Yall have a good day I'm taking my sister for maternity clothes.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
No preggo 16 year old of mine would have a baby shower. Nope.
vampporcupine
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't tell you that. Congratulations, you will be an auntie. Granted it is not ideal timing but a child is a blessing to your family. Help her learn to parent effectively and give her encouragement as she goes. Having a strong family behind her will help her succeed.

tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, didn't happen here, I laughed at the idea. But be prepared, the super successful teen moms are coming for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Yes well she's not mine. Her mom is probably drunk and our dad is out of the country for another month I emailed him but I have not heard back from him.

Quoting YuppyMom: No preggo 16 year old of mine would have a baby shower. Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Well, than it's done. All the negative comments/thoughts won't change that. She'll just have to learn the hard way now. No sense in you being upset about it. Go to the shower, get her a gift. Do not offer to help more then necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby shower for a 16 year old? I think not. Hell, I wouldn't be buying a present for that mess!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
I'm buying her a box of condoms

Quoting Anonymous 3: Baby shower for a 16 year old? I think not. Hell, I wouldn't be buying a present for that mess!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah.....that isn't something to celebrate. If by some unfortunate turn of events my daughter (she's 15) got pregnant at 16 she'd have two choices: abortion or go live with family out of state until she had the baby and give it up for adoption....we would just tell everyone that she was studying abroad  for a year. Teen pregnancy isn't accepted where we live....as it shouldn't be. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM
This exactly.

Quoting vampporcupine:

I wouldn't tell you that. Congratulations, you will be an auntie. Granted it is not ideal timing but a child is a blessing to your family. Help her learn to parent effectively and give her encouragement as she goes. Having a strong family behind her will help her succeed.

mommabuck7
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM
4 moms liked this

not supporting her isnt going to make being a 16 year old mother any easier on her tho..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)