Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She bought a broken phone because she cant afford a new one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
This girl I know got her husband a pho. for Christmas, but the screen is cracked in 5 different places. Its a nice smartphone when brand new. But why would you buy someone a phone for Christmas if its broken?
My husband was nice and replaced the screen for free, when it usually would cost about 100-200. (He has a small business on the side where he will fix screens on laptops, phone etc )
But I wouldn't even buy a broken phone
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I would because my husband fixes them too. Costs a fraction of that if you know someone can fix it. Replacement screens cost 25 bucks maybe... 

Missdameanor
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I think you answered your own question. It was all she could afford =(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I probably wouldn't even buy it but she should have fixed it before giving it to him. Otherwise it seems spiteful. Here have a broken phone, good luck not cutting your finger. Ugh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I would but I could fix it for about 20-50$
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:56 AM
She did her best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
She probably enjoys upsetting people like you. She could have gotten a brand new iphone, but instead went with the old clunker just to get a rise out of some b!tch she knows. Give the poor girl a break. Jeeze.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Around here, the prices range from 100-200. There are two shops in my town that charge that price. My husband will do it for free for a friend, but he does charge strangers.

Quoting the_dude:

I would because my husband fixes them too. Costs a fraction of that if you know someone can fix it. Replacement screens cost 25 bucks maybe... 

the_dude
by abides on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM

yeah that's what people charge with labor, that parts themselves don't cost that much, you asked if I would I said yes. because I know  I will only be paying for parts, because I'm doing the fix it guy... 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Around here, the prices range from 100-200. There are two shops in my town that charge that price. My husband will do it for free for a friend, but he does charge strangers.
Quoting the_dude:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)