• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You aren't getting the new password

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I have a lock code on my phone because it asked for one when I set it up and I haven't taken it off. My DH knows the code and I know the code to his.

That's never been a problem. We had a talk before we got married about privacy and we both feel that we deserve privacy and we are both open books and can ask to read the others texts or emails and such but that if it came down to that we needed to reevaluate our relationship.

We hit a rough patch and we were dealing with stress from me losing my job and losing that income. I happened to be venting to a friend and told her I didn't like that I haven't found a job and have to rely on my husband to pay the bills.

That night my DH and I got into a fight and shortly after I went to bed while he stayed up. Apparently he got drunk and started sending me text messages in my sleep and since I had the phone on do not disturb mode I never heard them. A few hours after he sent the texts he realized he was wrong and went into my phone and deleted them and curiosity got the best of him and he read my text to my friend.

The next morning he told me he had deleted the texts and then he asked me if I only stayed with him because I didn't have a job. Puzzled I answered no and that's when he told me he read the text I sent to my friend.

I feel violated. I've never once felt the need to go through his phone and needless to say I was pissed and immediatly changed the password and I refuse to give him the new one.

He apologized and said he realized what he did was wrong and if the tables were turned and I had done that to him he would be furious but he's now mad at me for not giving him my new password.

This just happened last week, I will not give him the password anytime soon if ever and he's going to have to just suck it up.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Mountains out of mole hills...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:43 AM

What she said

Quoting Loveavision: Mountains out of mole hills...

Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Wow. I don't care if my husband goes through my phone, I have nothing to hide, and same goes for him.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM
He could have just left the nasty texts. That probably would have been more damaging to your relationship then this
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Have you reassured him that you aren't staying with him because he brings in the money?
kristiwalker09
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:53 AM
My ex used to go through my phone while I slept. Most of my team texts were sarcastic but he took it all seriously and we fought constantly. It killed my trust. My phone is not open to anyone but me now.
firespurity
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Idk that I'd freak out over this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM
You're seriously upset by this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM
No wonder so many people get divorced. They get their panties in a bunch over stupid stuff.

Quoting Loveavision: Mountains out of mole hills...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Did you just meet him last week? Spouses should know each other well enough to not act this way. Why even marry someone if you're not secure in the relationship? And, why care if he can unlock your phone? Privacy in a relationship like this is being able to lock the bathroom door, and hoping nobody knocks on it long enough for you to finish whatever it is that your doing. Not getting pissed because he misunderstood some texts on your phone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)