• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenagers are going to be pissed at me, but I don't care. *vent & update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
4 moms liked this

I just got home from work and my house is a wreck. I asked my girls, aged 14 and 17, to clean up the house while I was gone. They've been on break and not once have helped me around here. Their dad isn't around, either, it's just us.

Well, like I said, house is trashed, one of them was on her laptop Skyping with some friends and the other was playing the X-Box so I hope they enjoy it. When they go to sleep, I'm unhooking the wireless router and taking it with me to work tomorrow, and they'll be grounded from the internet for the rest of their break. I'll even change the security code when I get home tomorrow night. Sure they can use their phones but signal here sucks and their data plan isn't unlimited. If it runs out, it runs out. 

UPDATE:

Came home to a clean house. The youngest is pissed because I won't give them the security code for a week. She thinks I'm being unfair because, in her words, "I did all this work for nothing."

There are some comments asking why am I punishing the oldest because the youngest wouldn't help her. That's not why she's being punished. She got punished because she didn't do anything until after I got home (at 2 AM), then gave the excuse that the reason nothing was done was because her sister wasn't helping her. I told her that's when she does some of the work, and I'll deal with her sister separately. Neither of them did anything, and that's why they were punished.

I didn't take their devices because I really didn't feel like starting an all out war. I just took the thing that they used their devices primarily for, and that was the internet. I did take the XBox from the 14 year old, since she's wanting to give me attitude about everything now that she realized I was serious about the grounding.

Changed shifts at work in the meantime, after next week I'm back on days, since I can't seem to trust them to do as they're told at night. I got lucky tonight, they had too many people working so I was able to come home early.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
U.Wish.bish
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Good idea
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Why are they so disrespectful?
Newmom8912
by Crystal on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:07 AM
I would've made them clean that instant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

They think that since mom works nights now, they can do whatever they want. I thought they were mature enough to handle it, but obviously not so I may be switching shifts again. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are they so disrespectful?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:11 AM
5 moms liked this

You should also take all chargers and the controllers for the Xbox. That way they won't be able to use the devices...  haha I'm evil!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM

The way I was feeling when I walked in, it would have been World War 3. 14 year old is going to bed, 17 year old is getting up all apologetic and loading the dishwasher like "geeze mom I'm sorry I lost track of time and sister was supposed to help me and..."

excuses excuses. She's the oldest, she's supposed to lead by example

Quoting Newmom8912: I would've made them clean that instant

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:13 AM
I'd be pissed too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:13 AM
13 moms liked this

I'm texting my best friend from work and she sent me a picture saying "don't take their phones, take their chargers and watch the desperation in their eyes as the battery loses life"

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You should also take all chargers and the controllers for the Xbox. That way they won't be able to use the devices...  haha I'm evil!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm seething. My oldest knows it, because I'm quiet and I haven't said anything about her apologies. That's how they know I'm really angry is when I'm quiet.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: I'd be pissed too!

d_k_w
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Hahaha love it. Do this

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm texting my best friend from work and she sent me a picture saying "don't take their phones, take their chargers and watch the desperation in their eyes as the battery loses life"

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)