Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate effing insomnia

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I cannot stand it. I'm tired and my backs hurts. But my mind races and I cannot sleep no matter how hard I try. Just had to share my misery.
I'm Gonna be miserable tomorrow at church.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eadyT
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:45 AM
I feel your pain. The physical part too. I've dealt with it for years. I have little tricks I use. However, they don't always work. I've actually spent around 36 hours straight with no sleep. Luckily it's been a longtime fir that one, 24 hours is too much these days. What do you do for your insomnia?
smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand. Of course mine hits tonight. There is no point trying to sleep since I have to be up in 45 minutes anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Ugh what time is it where you live

Quoting smurfette1903: I understand. Of course mine hits tonight. There is no point trying to sleep since I have to be up in 45 minutes anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:58 AM
What are the tricks??
I usually take melatonin. It works sometimes but then it's very hard for me to wake up and I feel draggy all day.
I do not have It often but when I do it's bad. How often do u have it

Quoting eadyT: I feel your pain. The physical part too. I've dealt with it for years. I have little tricks I use. However, they don't always work. I've actually spent around 36 hours straight with no sleep. Luckily it's been a longtime fir that one, 24 hours is too much these days. What do you do for your insomnia?
eadyT
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:04 AM
All of the time. Just meditation. I also take melatonin, that's some expensive stuff though. It doesn't always work for me. I also listen to our fan running or my dog snores and she sleeps at the foot of the bed on her blanket. I know that sounds weird but sometimes it works. I can also read and it keeps my mind occupied enough to get sleepy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What are the tricks??
I usually take melatonin. It works sometimes but then it's very hard for me to wake up and I feel draggy all day.
I do not have It often but when I do it's bad. How often do u have it

Quoting eadyT: I feel your pain. The physical part too. I've dealt with it for years. I have little tricks I use. However, they don't always work. I've actually spent around 36 hours straight with no sleep. Luckily it's been a longtime fir that one, 24 hours is too much these days. What do you do for your insomnia?
smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Just after 4 am.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ugh what time is it where you live

Quoting smurfette1903: I understand. Of course mine hits tonight. There is no point trying to sleep since I have to be up in 45 minutes anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:13 AM
It's that time here too.
Why you gotta get up so earlg

Quoting smurfette1903: Just after 4 am.

smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM
We have to get to the airport and fly home.

9 minutes until myou alarm goes off. Ugh!

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's that time here too.
Why you gotta get up so earlg

Quoting smurfette1903: Just after 4 am.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:20 AM

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Crossword puzzles and weather channel are also good calming things for the brain or you bore yourself to sleep (ha ha).  I miss doing crosswords.

Quoting eadyT: All of the time. Just meditation. I also take melatonin, that's some expensive stuff though. It doesn't always work for me. I also listen to our fan running or my dog snores and she sleeps at the foot of the bed on her blanket. I know that sounds weird but sometimes it works. I can also read and it keeps my mind occupied enough to get sleepy.
Quoting Anonymous 1: What are the tricks?? I usually take melatonin. It works sometimes but then it's very hard for me to wake up and I feel draggy all day. I do not have It often but when I do it's bad. How often do u have it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)