Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found this quite odd(ER related)

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

My fiances PCP does not do sick visits.She will refer to the ER during office hours because our urgent care centers  are only open  6:30PM -11:00PM. If you have an outstanding health history such as my DF she does not want you at the urgent  care,automatic ER. Do not call her or the hotline number just go.He has found a new PCP

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:44 AM
That's strange. Is it just like an emergency care plan? I'd be looking for a new one as well!
tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:46 AM

There are a lot of doctors who refer to the ER during office hours depending on the issue.  The office is not the place for a person who thinks they are having a heart attack; however, if they refer all people who call because they have a sore throat, they will not have many patients because many of us can't affor the copays for an ER visit or the out of pocket cost without insurance. 

What sort of health issue does she automatically send to the ER?  Some doctors don't prescribe over the phone, so any serious health complaint after hours is sent to the ER.

MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
That is very strange. And as an ER nurse that annoys me.
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM

That wouldn't fly with me for a second. Our ER copay is bonkers. We couldn't afford that policy at all.

Secondly, the ER is for true emergencies.

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:36 AM

No anytime he feels he needs/wants to be seen,he does not call the office for appointment or permission for ER,he just automatically goes. I am happy he found a new PCP

Quoting iamcafemom83: That's strange. Is it just like an emergency care plan? I'd be looking for a new one as well!

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:40 AM

All issues,any issue that warrnets a phone call to be seen(such as I am getting a cold  and  sore throat, she sends to ER) This was true for DF he has not had a sore throat since he had his tonsils out approx 3 years ago so he was concerned,she sent him to ER. What annoys me s if he refused to go he would be dropped as patient for failuer to comply. He has found a new PCP

Quoting tossed:

There are a lot of doctors who refer to the ER during office hours depending on the issue.  The office is not the place for a person who thinks they are having a heart attack; however, if they refer all people who call because they have a sore throat, they will not have many patients because many of us can't affor the copays for an ER visit or the out of pocket cost without insurance. 

What sort of health issue does she automatically send to the ER?  Some doctors don't prescribe over the phone, so any serious health complaint after hours is sent to the ER.

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:41 AM

This is not just my DF who does have a health history this is all her patients. He got sent when he called in with sore throat and cold symptoms. He has found a new PCP

Quoting MooseMomma: That is very strange. And as an ER nurse that annoys me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM
That is strange.
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:43 AM

I agree ER for true emergencies,what did it for DF is being sent in when he called in for cold like symptoms and sore throat.He found a new PCP

Quoting Maime13:

That wouldn't fly with me for a second. Our ER copay is bonkers. We couldn't afford that policy at all.

Secondly, the ER is for true emergencies.

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:44 AM

We agree, he had the last of it when she sent him in for a sore throat and cold like symptoms,he found a new PCP

Quoting Anonymous 1: That is strange.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)