Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why I support abortion

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM
  • 67 Replies
3 moms liked this

People act like being aborted is the worst thing that can happen to a baby, it isn't. Having a drug addicted mother for 18 years is much, much worse.

my mother should have aborted me. My life is fine now, but no child should have to live through that.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Bri425
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
One of the dumbest arguments for abortion is "what if you were aborted?" How stupid can you be?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. My mother abused me as a child. She always said children were a curse and not a blessing. I believe she wanted to abort me but couldn't bc of her religion. I'm 36 years old now and while i'm healed physically I still deal w the emotional scars left behind.

I would have preferred she just aborted me instead of having to endure a childhood of torture that still haunts me to this day.

Therapy only helps but so much.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM

And my childhood was not as bad as many! Too many women have babies that they just don't have the time, money or patience to raise. And after reading a few adoption posts, that does not look like a great option either.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: One of the dumbest arguments for abortion is "what if you were aborted?" How stupid can you be?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM
I was born from marrital rape. And all my life my mother made it a point to let me know I wasn't wanted. Thankful for my aunt who made sure I was feed, dressed, and educated. I spend mAny years and it still at times feels like I should have been aborted. But I have a son a baby on the way and a wonderful husband. I am beyond happy. So I am thankful she kept me. Nobody should have grown up like I did. The details of my childhood are disgusting. But I'm here. Alive and telling this story. But I know I am the exception. Many like me end up on drugs, suicidal on the streets. Actually most of us do.

Hence why I support a woman's right to choose. I'm glad my mother didn't. But if she got the chance to go back and do it I'm not sure I would hate her for it. She had a choice.

Idk if you guys understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Who cares what any one thinks. Your just beating a dead horse
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Yep
Kmary
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this

You've decided after a FEW posts about adoption that it isn't a good option?  

Did you second guess your marriage because you heard of someone else divoricing?  Did you decide that driving a car is a terrible idea because you knew someone who got into a car accident once?  What stupid logic.  People only post the bad here.  Adoption can be complicated, but it's also a beautiful selfless choice.

Well here are a few positive adoption stories for you to balance out the bad:  my husband, his brother and my best friend were all adopted.  All of them had amazing childhoods, the type that every kid deserves.  Very loving, engaged parents and everything they needed and almost anything they wanted.  They are all very successful, stable great people with awesome families and careers of their own now.  Happy and totally well-adjusted.  

Quoting Rangermom772:

And my childhood was not as bad as many! Too many women have babies that they just don't have the time, money or patience to raise. And after reading a few adoption posts, that does not look like a great option either.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: One of the dumbest arguments for abortion is "what if you were aborted?" How stupid can you be?

chairhead28
by Kris on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM
4 moms liked this
I support abortion because every woman has the right to choose what is best for their life.
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I still disagree. I'm truly sorry about your past.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)