Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I had two wisdom teeth removed probably 5-6 years ago. No issues since then until a few days ago anyway. I noticed that the gum where my top wisdom tooth was removed was a little sore. I didn't give it much thought, figured I probably just bit something wrong and it hit my gums funny. Fast forward to this morning, I feel my tongue rubbing up against the gum and it hurts a little more. So I break out the flashlight and take a look...yea my gum is like swollen/puffy, sore and a dark red, purplish color. It almost has the feeling of a blister when I feel it with my finger.

Any ideas?!

My mom was a hygienist for years and now works as an office manager so I plan on asking her what she thinks when I see her this afternoon but just really wondering what is up. Praying I don't have to go to the dentist, got a lot going on the next several weeks and an ebf newborn...ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacy8606
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I would go get it checked out
Lightbrigade65
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I work for a dentist. Sounds like an abccess
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Weird. I have no idea.
Lightbrigade65
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:03 AM
An if Thats the case you would need antibiotics to make the infection go away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Is that all I would need?

Quoting Lightbrigade65: An if Thats the case you would need antibiotics to make the infection go away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Yea I guess I don't really have a choice lol

Quoting stacy8606: I would go get it checked out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM

its an abcess.  Rinse with mouth wash & warm salt water. Get the blister to break , every time pus comes out rinse it with mouth wash. You need to kill the germs for the infection to go away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
How do I get the blister to break? And do I rinse with mouthwash after it breaks or the saltwater or both?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

its an abcess.  Rinse with mouth wash & warm salt water. Get the blister to break , every time pus comes out rinse it with mouth wash. You need to kill the germs for the infection to go away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Do you think that's something the dentist could just call in a script for or would she need to see me first?! My mom works with her, good friends and I have met her several times If that helps lol

Quoting Lightbrigade65: An if Thats the case you would need antibiotics to make the infection go away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Well the best way would be to put a warm tea bag on the sore. It will help bring the blister to a head, then just squeeze like you would a pimple. Once it pops get all the pus out you can by squeezing it. Then rinse with mouth wash.

The salt water will also help bring it to a head but takes longer.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How do I get the blister to break? And do I rinse with mouthwash after it breaks or the saltwater or both?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)