Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ER trip or not? ...UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
I called my pedi on Friday night because my son has a horrible cough and then he spiked a 104° fever my pedi told me to take him into the ER so I did. We were in and out and they said he has bronchiolitis. Here we are 2 days later, the fever has yet to subside, the cough is worse (he's practically choking) and he's wheezing bad (I can hear him breathing from across the room). The cough is wet and productive and his fever hasn't gone below 102° with Tylenol. He's 4 months old. Should I wait until the follow up tomorrow or take him back?

***We were admitted to the hospital and he has pneumonia but is doing much better today than yesterday. They said that it most likely started out as bronchiolitis but because the other hospital didn't do anything for him that it quickly turned into pneumonia because he's so young but he's doing great. Thanks for the advice and well wishes! I know he'll be back to his happy self soon :)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes take him back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Bump
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Didnt they give you any meds
erin708
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Absolutely. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM

with him being so young and the fever staying fairly high even with tylenol I'm leaning towards the thought that you should take him back to the ER today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I would take him to the E.R. again. He might need to be admitted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Saline and Tylenol, nothing else.

Quoting notjstasocermom: Didnt they give you any meds
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I would call the ER and find out if you should go in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
4 mos? Nope back to the doc- er-urgent care-wherever you can go today
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM
That's what I'm thinking too. I'm taking him to a different hospital. When I took him on Friday I was expecting them to do a chest X-ray because he was wheezing, not nearly as bad as now, but they only listened to him with the stethoscope.

Quoting mom2devin11005:

with him being so young and the fever staying fairly high even with tylenol I'm leaning towards the thought that you should take him back to the ER today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)