• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I am at a loss.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
So we have Christmas today with my dad and step mom and that side if the family. One of my siblings insisted that we don't buy for each other this year. I got my SM pjs but I have NO CLUE what to buy my dad. (I got fil a special kind if beer, beef jerky and lottery tickets).

My dad can buy himself anything he wants when he wants it. He has an airplane credit card and has purchased gift cards for every place he likes to go (while it's buy $100 get $20 free- and he earned a lot of free plane tickets). He is diabetic, doesn't have a favorite alcohol.

I bought him specialty meat last year, clothes the year before, and a bed & breakfast stay the year before (I don't have that much money this year). They do t put up family pictures (we gave him wallets of our pics already).

I am clueless!!! We have to head to their house at 1. It's 9:40 am right now.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
theboyfactory
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Can you make him a special sugar free treat and just get him a very nice card or write him a thoughtful letter?
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Good idea. I know of a great summer dessert he can have but I don't have a winter one.
I'll start searching the internet.

Nothing ever feels good enough for him.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:49 AM
My grandpa loves to read, books with a Western theme are always a hit. My dad is quite the artist, I get him pencils and paper for him to sketch with.

Think of something he's interested it and pick a little something.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Something clever?

My dad is always a pain to shop for, so I asked him this year what he wanted and he told me "All I want for Christmas is January" so I painted him a plaque with the word January on it. 

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I always tell my kids I want NOTHING for my birthday. (It's in December and I buy something I want and tell them what it is and thank them for it). One year they had this huge gift bag (all beautiful). They were so excited and told me I was going to love it. The bag was empty with an index card at the bottom that said "nothing". -- one of my best years ever.

Quoting LokisMama:

Something clever?

My dad is always a pain to shop for, so I asked him this year what he wanted and he told me "All I want for Christmas is January" so I painted him a plaque with the word January on it. 

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM
My dad doesn't pay attention to his truck tires. I seem to always be pointing out they are low. I got him some tire valve caps that have indicators when the pressure is low.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)