Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex-smokers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
What are your tips on quitting? I really want to stop smoking for the new year. I need all the advise I can get! Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

See your doc.  If you're healthy and don't have history of mental illness you can probably get Chantix or Wellbutrin or both (I did both).  The Chantix cuts the cravings down, the Wellbutrin keeps you from being a total bitch and eating your pain, lol.  I'm also addicted to aromatherapy.  Join one of the quit groups online, you can call someone if shit gets really bad.

Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I used Chantex, quit 4 years ago, I smoked for over 30 years. 

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I don't think I can be of much help. I started smoking less cigarettes each day and finally one day I just quit cold turkey.
Good luck! I can tell you it's totally worth it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I switched to vapor. I regret nothing. I haven't touched a cigarette in 4 months and I'm taking the nicotine down.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I just quit cold turkey. It was hard, but so worth it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smack05
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Im used chantix and hard candy i also had to change my way of thinking and the way i was used to doing things
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM
This is exactly what I did.

Quoting momto2boys973: I don't think I can be of much help. I started smoking less cigarettes each day and finally one day I just quit cold turkey.
Good luck! I can tell you it's totally worth it.
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I went cold turkey. I wanted to get pregnant, that was my reason. You're only going to succeed if you REALLY want to quit. The first few days are hell. After that, it gets better day by day. If you get a craving, brush your teeth, eat a carrot, chew on a pen...whatever it takes. Get rid of all cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, etc. When I say get rid of them, I mean totally get rid of them. Don't throw them in your trash can at home unless you have crushed them to shreds before you do it.
If you have the want and the will power to do it, you will. I smoked off and on for 20 years. I've been smoke free for 4 years, 2 months now. I feel so much better, I look so much better, my voice sounds so much better. I'm not gonna lie, I still get a craving every once in awhile when I smell a cigarette, but it passes within a few seconds.
My dad died from lung cancer 2 months ago.... I never want my kids to see me that way. That's another thing to think about.
Feel free to message me for support. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I vaped for about 9 months slowly lowering my nicotine. I've been vape free since June. Smoke free since August 2013. I was a pack a day smoker for 20 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I am not much help either i had one pack left and just finished it and never bought another one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)