Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

xh wife is being shady about my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Xh and I have been divorced for 4 years, since the beginning it's been done the same way. On the days that I don't see the kids, I call them at 8. So if I see them on Friday before he picks them up, I don't call Friday night, but if he's keeping them until Sunday, I call them Saturday.

It's always been this way, since day one and if he chose to he could call them during the week when they are here, but he chooses not to. Well last night, for the second time in a row, he was working and they were at his house with his new wife. I called at 8 and then again just before 9, no answer. I sent xh a text asking if they were home because I couldn't get up with them. This morning he says he checked the caller id and my number wasn't there. So I sent a screenshot of the list of times that I called.

Like I said, this is not the first time it's happened. And funny enough the phone only ever doesn't ring when his wife is there with the kids alone. I can't wait for the break to be over so they can come back home.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
4 moms liked this

If you both have the agreement that you are allowed to call at those times, the wife should honor it. Explain to your Ex that you will continue to call to speak with your children. If the caller ID states it's you calling, she should just let one of your children to answer the phone if she doesn't want to speak to you. If it continues, it could be grounds for visitation re-evaluation because she is denying you access to your children. It's petty and stupid and not in the best interest of the children and all parties should ALWAYS act in the best interest of the children.

tvsoccermom15
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Are your kids old enough to take a cell phone with them just for this reason alone???  That way you wouldn't have to call his home & go thru the new wife. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I agree. The kids are both old enough to answer the phone. What I honestly think she's doing is putting them to bed early so she doesn't have to deal with them anymore. It seems like it's always something like this when she's alone with them.

Quoting JC2223:

If you both have the agreement that you are allowed to call at those times, the wife should honor it. Explain to your Ex that you will continue to call to speak with your children. If the caller ID states it's you calling, she should just let one of your children to answer the phone if she doesn't want to speak to you. If it continues, it could be grounds for visitation re-evaluation because she is denying you access to your children. It's petty and stupid and not in the best interest of the children and all parties should ALWAYS act in the best interest of the children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Yes, the problem is that he lives in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, so the service sucks there. You can get a signal if you hold a phone up to a window, but that's it.

Quoting tvsoccermom15:

Are your kids old enough to take a cell phone with them just for this reason alone???  That way you wouldn't have to call his home & go thru the new wife. 

MilkLover0203
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
How old are they?
tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM

If the signal is so poor that you have to hold the phone up, could that not be the reason that the call is not answered? I lived in a mobile home in the middle of the country and people would say they tried to call, but there were plenty of times my phone did not ring. My cousin lives in the country in a mobile home and there are often times when the land line does not process the calls. How old are the kids? 8 is not an unrealistic bed time for younger kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, the problem is that he lives in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, so the service sucks there. You can get a signal if you hold a phone up to a window, but that's it.
Quoting tvsoccermom15:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Unlikely, as their answering system picked up.

Quoting tossed:

If the signal is so poor that you have to hold the phone up, could that not be the reason that the call is not answered? I lived in a mobile home in the middle of the country and people would say they tried to call, but there were plenty of times my phone did not ring. My cousin lives in the country in a mobile home and there are often times when the land line does not process the calls. How old are the kids? 8 is not an unrealistic bed time for younger kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, the problem is that he lives in a trailer in the middle of nowhere, so the service sucks there. You can get a signal if you hold a phone up to a window, but that's it.

Quoting tvsoccermom15:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
7 & 10

Quoting MilkLover0203: How old are they?
tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM

What sort of answering system?  I ask because if it is voice mail, there would be a message you left.

Why not call from another number so that if she is avoiding your number, it won't show up on caller id? If you think she is putting them to bed, call earlier. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Unlikely, as their answering system picked up.
Quoting tossed:

Quoting tvsoccermom15:

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

an 8 pm bed time is not a bad thing maybe see if it would be easier to call a little earlier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)