Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who STILL has family over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
We had 24 people.
Staying in one home.
For 5 days.

Granted, my house is large and we were all able to have our own space, it's just so long!
We still have 5 people here this morning, but they'll be gone by 3.

Its mostly fun and the kids are really making memories, but GAH! Give me my house back already!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM
We weren't able to travel this year. I'm still kinda bummed we weren't crammed into my parent's house for the holidays.
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I do. It's been awesome. They're leaving now to go shopping in the city. They'll new here until the 3rd.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM

We didn't have anyone stay with us. Infact no one from out of town came.

amber710
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

We went to 2 Christmas parties on my dad's side of my family, and did not stay the night (both in town). We went to my mom's side of my family's Christmas party, and did not stay the night (about 2 hour drive away).

And we had DH's side of the familys party at our house this year. His sister and her boyfriend stayed the night and one of his cousins is staying 3 days. Everyone else went home around 10pm. I don't feel obligated to let people stay with me when I don't really want them there.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Two of my 4 kids came home for Christmas, and they're still here.  They're going back New Years Eve day, so they can celebrate with their friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Nobody ever stays here because my place is too small lol (lucky me). Im in a one bedroom so... My aunt is staying at my parents house until new years but thats about it. We dont ever have much people from far away who come. Our family and relatives already live close to eachotther
Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We had my son and daughter in law here for the holidays.  They left to go take care of some business at home, before returning for services for my dad.  My son and his grandfather..

TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
We're still at my sil but leaving tomorrow
raegansmom
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
We had no family with us for the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)