Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I have a lawyer, due to an accident back in Oct. I haven't heard from them in weeks, so I've called at least twice and always he's not available. I've even emailed him, no reply. so my question to those have dealt with lawyers, is this normal? Are they really working on my case (just thinking out loud, I know none of you don't know) I know the doctor tried to get a hold of them so they could approve my MRI, and they haven't been able to get ahold of them either. I'm losing faith, I don't even how much we're trying to get in the settlement. I am not trying to get rich or anything. (my medical bills paid of course) I just want to know what's going on, I don't even know if they have got into contact with the other party's insurance. if you have any experience with this type of situation can I please get some feedback, thank you.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Personal injury cases usually take a lot longer than a couple of months to resolve.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I've seen some take years even. And most lawyers stay super busy too.

Quoting Diamepphyre: Personal injury cases usually take a lot longer than a couple of months to resolve.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
If you're only basically trying to get your medical bills paid, you maybe should have dealt with it yourself. Your insurance company could have handled it. That's part of what you pay for.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM

The holidays and the fact that personal injury attorneys are incredibly busy with all of their clients is probably the reason why you're not hearing from them.

Just try to be patient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Not normal. I wouldn't expect to speak to him more than once a month until you get closer to a court date, but when we dealt with the same situation we'd at least get a phonecall or email from an assistant if we contacted them first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

My husband is a partner in a law firm and that would NEVER fly in his office.  They return client calls immediately, or as soon as possible.  Including weekends and holidays if the matter is urgent enough to warnt that..  You have a bad/shady lawyer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM

what I'm asking for besides my medical bills paid is at least 25,000 to cover my car, I've had to rely on public transportation since the accident and it's hard to get to diff. doc's appoints that's in a entirely different city. nevermind the fact that my kids are walking all over god's creation, is that too much? I asked my lawyer how much is reasonable, he said he doesn't know nor does he know how long it was going to take (this was a month or so ago) I'm scared that he dropped my case, I mean, wouldn't he notify me if that was the case? am I being unreasonable? 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: If you're only basically trying to get your medical bills paid, you maybe should have dealt with it yourself. Your insurance company could have handled it. That's part of what you pay for.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
But you would have gotten what your car was worth anyway. I'm just saying unless you have serious injuries, many times it's better to deal with your insurance company directly. If the other person was at fault, you would have already gotten a rental car until you got the check for your car & your medical bills would be being paid. It sounds like a small case & lawyers many times don't even take cases that small & if they do, they are put on the back burner.
ETA Yes, if they dropped your case, they should have sent you a letter in the mail.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

what I'm asking for besides my medical bills paid is at least 25,000 to cover my car, I've had to rely on public transportation since the accident and it's hard to get to diff. doc's appoints that's in a entirely different city. nevermind the fact that my kids are walking all over god's creation, is that too much? I asked my lawyer how much is reasonable, he said he doesn't know nor does he know how long it was going to take (this was a month or so ago) I'm scared that he dropped my case, I mean, wouldn't he notify me if that was the case? am I being unreasonable? 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: If you're only basically trying to get your medical bills paid, you maybe should have dealt with it yourself. Your insurance company could have handled it. That's part of what you pay for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)